Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

? Mickey Dunlap ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ? Mickey Dunlap ?

Is this tech forum up? If it is where? I can't find it.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering that to, it was up for a little while but only to certain member's and then it went away.

Old 04-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

At this time there did not seem to be enough interest so we have decided not to go forward with this forum.

Old 04-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Thats too bad. I thoguht it would be a great idea.

Old 04-26-2003, 01:07 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
At this time there did not seem to be enough interest so we have decided not to go forward with this forum.
How did you know the interest wasn't there when the forum never occured?

Old 04-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well the way i understood MD is a busy man so we could send him questions and when he got around to it he might answer or he might not so why bother i have two kids i can ask questions if i want to be ignored[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] well maybe we can do a playboy bunny forum that would get my attn!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2003, 04:04 AM
RIP Dear Friend

What in the heck!!! MickeyDunlap explained his reasoning to me.

This deserves an AZSAND smile [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For the time period in the early seventies I figured out the best modification was to lower your gear ratio on the stock machine. A shiny new big rear sprocket would make the power occur faster in the dirt.

Most all early dirtbikes were derived from street machines. Seems very odd now but it did happen.

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

No it was'nt about you airhead.

Old 04-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

OK, maybe I should shed a little bit more light on this subject. As most of you know, I am a one man operation. Currently I have 20+ jobs to do as far as engine building, port & flow, re-sleeving, etc. and I am starting to get caught up because it was well over 30 some. On top of this, I have an 8 man race team on the national level and 22 sponsors to take care of. So far this year, I have done 4 magazine articles which are really time consuming. I am building a house and remodeling the FST building and before I took my website down, I spent a minimum of 8 hours a week answering e-mails. I know some of you think I am ignorant because I didn't answer your questions on the forum but you can see everytime I get on here it turns into a "pissing match" as it did on the Polaris forum. I don't want to be ignorant but I have seen so many people burn out on here such as Pam from Powroll and Raptor720 just to name a couple because people want good information. I seem to have a pretty high profile in the industry and I guess that's why my website was popular but it also became a burden so I have tried to slow the business down a little bit so I can have a life beyond Four Stroke Tech. If people need tech information that I can give they are more than welcome to e-mail me. If you read on the Polaris forum about the 580 kit for the Predator, finally someone asked a technical question I could help them with. I hope this sheds a little bit more light on my situation.

Old 04-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
No it was'nt about you airhead.
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's a good one.

Quick Reply: ? Mickey Dunlap ?