Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior or banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior or banshee

I JUST STARTED RIDING QUADS A MONTH AGO. MY FIRST QUAD WAS A 2003 BEAR TRACKER, NOW THAT I GOT SHIFTING DOWN I WANT TO MOVE TO A CLUTCH. I WAS WONDERING WHAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR A BEGINNER A WARRIOR OR BANSHEE.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:10 PM

Well first of all it matters what type of riding your doing, Warrior is a decent all around quad while the Banshee screams at the top end but doesnt have the best bottom end power out there. And since your a beginner and only been riding for about a month I would get the Warrior its a good quad to rack up some experience on and is pretty quick if you do some mods to it, the Banshee just definatly isnt a beginners quad and since its a two stroke you need to know your stuff to maintain it, I'm not saying you can't, you can know more than everyone here, just never rode a quad until a month ago its just that beginners usually don't. My advice, get the Warrior,

Patrick

Old 04-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Warrior = volkswagen, Banshee = ferrari. Warriors a 4stroke while the Banshees a 2stroke, tough to compare. If your looking for some lazy trail rides go for the warrior. If your looking for a dune machine than go for the banshee. Both can be modded but the banshees possibilities are endless.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

it depends on wat u wanna do wit ur machine the banshee is a all out crazy gunna go down in history screaming 2 stroke that will kill u if your not careful. the warrior is a machine built for trail riding and playing around with,
they are 2 totally different machine and if your conteplating getting these to quads you dont know very much about them because if u wer thinking about gettin a sport u would b thinking about mayb the Z 4 a 4 stroke then mayb the banshee as a 2 stroke you gotta figure out wat u want a machine that will fly at like 80 mph stock or a trail bike
a warrioir is more of a begginer bike a banshee is a racing beast dont wanna start with a banshee dude

Old 04-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

Your better off with the Warrior in PA.
I just rode the Poker Run in Houtzdale which isn't too far from you. The Warrior is an awesome trail machine. It can handle all of the varying terrain that we have around here. It has a disadvantage when the trail opens up, but you can fix that.

When the time comes you can build it to 30hp. Just because it's not the latest technology, people think it's no good. I prefer to show them on the trail what it can do. In stock form it's easy for a beginner to handle. With some mods and an experiencd rider it can be fast.

The 2003s are going to go cheap to make room for the new model. You couls probably get a good deal on a new one.