Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Moron at the parts counter

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moron at the parts counter

I had to order my kid some parts from the Honda dealer last week. I bought him new plastic and did not want to re-use some of the plastic clips that hold the body on. (some were screwed up) So i went in and ask the parts guy for the clips that hold the body on. A 250ex was sitting right there so i walked over and put my finger on the parts that i needed. He got the microfishe out and went to work. Punched in a number and said that he had to order them. That was fine, he said 3 bucks for 10 of them. I asked for 2 pkgs of them. I waited a week and they came in. I drove the 2o miles to the dealer and he handed me a bag with my parts. As i am walking out i opened the bag and it had pop rivits in it. WTF???? I walked back to the counter and asked the guy how i was suppose to install the body with rivets?? He looked at me and the part and scratched his head. He got the micro fishe out and looked at the part. He dissapeared to the back and came back with 2 packages of the right part. They had them all the time. I waited a week and they had the right one in stock. That irks me because they have there computer 25 feet away so i can not see the pictures and because i showed the guy the parts from 5 feet away and he said he had it covered. The first guy ordered rivets to hold the warning labels on. Not all parts guys are bad but..... The guy we use for yamaha parts gets it right all the time. It is not a big deal but a major inconvience to me. To order 6 dollars worth of parts i traveled 80 miles total and spent roughly 2 1/2 hours of my time because of him

While i was at the dealer i was looking at the new kawi 700. A saleman said it would do 92 mph 100 percent stock. Yea right.

Old 04-13-2003, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

sounds like you were over at Honda-Kawi west Mark lol

Old 04-13-2003, 05:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is absolutely nothing I hate worse than a parts guy that doesn't know what the heck he is doing. I have more stories about the idiots here than you can count on your fingers and toes.

Just a short one. Our Yamaha parts guy told me, that the cam cover (which I pointed out to him on a Raptor on the floor) didn't need any kind of sealent on it because it had an o-ring in between it and the head. To make matters worse he asked one of their fine mechanics and he backed him up. Needless to say I got sealent just in case.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now the lady that works there knows her stuff, still remembers me by my first name, and is ALWAYS nice!!!

Old 04-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Did you know that raptors and banshees have different bolt patterns on the rims? The local Yama genius let me in on this little secret. That is why I use Rocky mountain for everything. They are 80 miles from here so I know not everyone gets there stuff in 2 days but the shipping rules. And the online salesperson debi freakin rules!!

Old 04-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm in California and Rockymountain gets me my stuff in 2 days as well. As long as the part is in stock and you know this when you order. The best online store there is.

Old 04-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

oh, 14, the v-force definatly doesnt go that fast. i seen 2, 3 maybe 4 of them at silver lake this weekend. they got smoked everytime they raced raptors, shees, DS's, ex's, anything. but i dont really know what each person had done to them. and not to mention they make some weird *** whirling noise.

Old 04-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Chain stores don't have parts guys with knowledge or experience. They have been replaced by computers and fools who fill in the blanks on the screen and hit "enter".

Old 04-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Our Honda-Kawi dealership is REALLY crappy here too! I refuse to do business with them. It's a huge store and the company has tons of money but they just dont care about jack sh*t! You ask them to order a part and they dont, you call em on the phone and your on hold for a half hour, and all their attitudes really suck! I could go on but im to lazy to type. In short...they suck.