Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

somethin wrong with my Raptor???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somethin wrong with my Raptor???

You answered your own question in your signature.
....shes still learning how to walk!
give it some time.

Old 04-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior86
right well thats kinda what im asking. Im sure with mods the thing rips. But what im asking is is it supposed to be able to wheelie in second and third without mods. I remember people telling me how their quads front ends come up with ease and im also pretty sure they were stock. This is what prompted me to be sorta alarmed. So BONE STOCK, is there something wrong with my raptor that it doesnt come up in second gear without assistance?Thanks sixsix, your reply was helpful, id just wanna see if i can get anyone else to back what u said up. Like i said before, i wanna get this resolved so it can be fixed or whatever when i bring it in. Again, it has 2 1/2 tanks through it so far of 87 first tank and 91 second tank. I know raptors are backed up heavily in stock form and simple mods give a big power increase. I know stock is way below potential. Im not asking for more power or how to get it. Im just asking if the power i am experiencing is what a stock backed up raptor feels like or am i less?thanks for all the help so far
Don't worry how it runs right now.........the black with flames gives you 10+MPH everywhere anyway...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. You gotta love the Black / Flame color scheme....hands down. Your machine is fine at this point....check back later and we will make it faster. Later bro!

Old 04-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

alright, fair enough...ill wait til i run about 6 tanks through it then ill let u guys know if i still have a prob.

Thanks for all the imput, as always you guys are the best!

O and yeah, once i laid my eyes on it in the fall, i loved it. The LE's are the defination of perfection when it comes to looks. IMO

Old 04-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am with sixsixT, then you will have no prob on 2nd and 3rd wheelies. I have never had that problem. If I did give it the full throttle specially on pavement I would be hurting right now.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

so you too think it will get better as it breaks in? but how can u say that if you never had my problem. J/k, ill give it more time tho

thanks again

Old 04-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am not saying I never had your problem, I didnt ride my raptor stock. I purchased it along with the pipe and jets and did it myself. But as I can see, you shouldnt have that problem on pavement, try this but dont flip it: kick it in second gear and go just fast enough so that its not going to die on you and push the throttle down. That should kick you up in a wheelie, but keep your foot on the brake so if you start to go back you can stomp on it to stop you. I have never seen a stock Raptor not pull a wheelie in second, even if it was in the sand. The stock tires grip pretty good.

Old 04-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

im at 2146 feet. Do u think that would affect it at all. I cant try what u said until the weekend but im pretty sure i do something like that and like i said it only goes up about two inches. If definately doesnt fly up. could it be the jetting?

Old 04-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well it could be but then again, pull your airbox lid off and leave it off. See if your air filter is plugged. I am not there looking or hearing your bike run so I cant tell what is going on.

Old 04-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

by plugged you mean clogged? i dont see how it would be i never road it in any dust or anything like that. Should i ride it with the lid off? Im a little confused. thanks for the help

Old 04-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes, take the lid off but now that I think about it, your lid is what holds your oem filter on so I dont think this will work. But check the filter.

Quick Reply: somethin wrong with my Raptor???