Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SPEEDING TICKET

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 12:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEEDING TICKET

hey wuz up, here my story the other day me and two buddies went riding. ive got my 660, and my other budies got ATK 260 dirt bike,my other buddy has a cr125 bored to a 205. anyway we had a wicked good afternoon riding and we decided to take the main road in my town whch is a 1/4 mile strait away.so we set off like we alway do and pin them on the strip.well my buddy decided to pop a mean wheelie and shifted through all six gears for 3/4 s of the way down the strip and we ended up missing the trail. no big deal. so we took another road wich goes back to my house. so we gun it down that road. and halfway down the road going abot 50. i hear the worst sound in the world sirens. the cop was right on my *** and my other buddies noticed the cop before i did and took off. the cop nudged me to the side of the road and asked for id. i didnt have any on me so i had to drive bac to my house with th po followin. i figured no big deal ill get a fine for riding on the road. well i didnt happen, he asked for my registration, and of course its not registered. he got me and my buddie on his atk on radar. he got me doing 77mph in a 50 and my other buddy going 80. and on that other road we took its only 30mph and he got us going 60mph. so he wrote us a SPEEDING ticket. how?he wroteit for going 65 in a 50 and i have to show him my reg by wendsday.now my buddy on his atk is only 17 and im 19. so hes going to loose his liesence and i probally will because this is my third in a year in a half. he said 30 day and a 97 dollar fine and he said that if we dont give him our reg then it will be another 30 and a fine. here the big catch my buddie on the CR got away but the cops trying to black mail us by by saying if we dont give his name by wend hell charge us anyways. IM NO FRIGGIN RAT MAN!!. SO HERE MY QUESTON how can he take away my liesences for having a un registered atv and dirt bike. HOW can he take it away for riding a atv.Its not a street legal vechicle. not speedo no blinkers and ect...how? if i was going 65 onapedal bike or a board, could he take it away.WHERES THE JUSTICE MAN!!!! its almost summer and i need to drive. anyone eles got a ticket. i might take this to court.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default SPEEDING TICKET

You can be ticketed for speeding on anything. The fact that it's an unregistered vehicle intended for off road use can only make things worse.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default SPEEDING TICKET

TTT SUX FOR YOOOHOO!!!

Old 04-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Range Rover
Default SPEEDING TICKET

yup
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2003, 01:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default SPEEDING TICKET

dode you should of never stoped i dont..........

Old 04-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default SPEEDING TICKET

Ok so your ridng you quads illegally and speeding, now your pissed you got a ticket?? grow up and face the music. You effed up, now its time to pay... Sounds like you got off light, your lucky they didnt impound your quads for lack of registration prrof..

RoostKing...

Old 04-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Range Rover
Default SPEEDING TICKET

Be glad he's not asking for insurance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPEEDING TICKET

No speeding ticket but i did get busted for riding on the street Saturday, verbal warning. Watch out for the MAN!

Old 04-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default SPEEDING TICKET

Ive been stoped at least 2 times for riding on the road, I stopped the first 2 times and the cops were very friendly asked me were i lived and where i was going, and if i knew it was against the law to ride on the road. I said yes i knew i was just going to my friends house down the road, i was close enough to be able to point, so he just warned me to stay off the road, The third time i was on my buddies Modded shee and he was on his piped KDX, Im going to say it was around 10:30 at night and we both passed the cop going the other way in six gear wide open, im guessing we were going about 85, lets just say when the i saw the light bar light up i didnt let up off the gas........ By the time he turned around i was already putting both bikes in my shop and cutting off the lights, i walked outside and stood by the door in the dark and watched him fly down the road..........

after this i decided i had pushed my luck enough so i dont ride on the road n e more,

Sorry to hear about what happend to ya.............. Hope everything works out ok.......... be sure to let us know how it goes.........

Ryan

Old 04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default SPEEDING TICKET

I try to never push my luck when it comes to cops.
In the little town I live by you can drive into town to get things no one really cares the key is to keep it slow and keep your revs low. No one likes listen to a loud quads going through town even if it is going slow. Only close call I've had with a cop was going from a tar down onto a dirt road. But he didn't even try to follow me down the dirt road. I've heard in MN cops can't chase you down a dirt road, not sure if this is true or not though.

Quick Reply: SPEEDING TICKET