Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee jetting

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee jetting

ok, well everyone is helping out graet but, today i put the 300's in, and i went through a feild running it out, and they were still white!!! i rode down a rode, not reall hard, but in the powerband a little bit and pulled them after 15 mins qand they looked perfect. so dowes this mean i am jetted right, or should i be on jet higher since it was still white while running it hard. thx guys

mini

Old 04-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

anyone, please. i am hopeing to solve the problem during the day tomarow

mini

Old 04-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee jetting

Anymore the additives in the fuel wash the plug clean in a short period of time. But over time you will notice a change in the plug color, so what I would recommend to do is ride for the day and check to see for any change. I would start out with 300 since that is what everybody is recommending ,by the way that what I have in mine also. If your really into getting your bike jetted right invest into a EGT gauge.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

Sound like you are heading the right direction.
bump up to 310 main jet maybe 320.

It you were half throttle, on the powerband and the jetting is spot on then the needle is fine.

So now you need for full throttle for the main jet.

It will take time and be patience. once you got it dail in then go out have fun....

Also it wouldn't hurt to put a new plugs for new jetting.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

well i used new plugs, but i'm thinking since it was white after i was near full throttle i still need to go higher right?? but isn't it kinda weird that on a 70 degree day at 2000-2500ft i am using a 310 or higher main jet with only pipes engine ice and vented airbox with aftermarket filter??

mini

Old 04-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

Yes to answer to your ? and look at my last response and you will get there.....to jet it right.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

ok, well anyone else have any thoughts?//

mini

Old 04-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

I dont usually jet by the plug color, as stated before with the newer fuels it is hard to get a good color quickly, and I am not that patient. I usually jet by the feel of the bike, if it bobbles, or stumbles at full throttle you are rich, if it pulls clean, you are pretty close, and if it falls flat, it is probably lean.

After I get it close, I check the plug, after riding for awhile. My plug runs a tan color, I think it is pretty close.

Basically the method is to jet up until it bobbles when wide open, then jet down until the bobble goes away, it takes time, but works I think.

Hope it helps
Bat

Old 04-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

well it just seems very weird to me that i need to go this high, i can't figure it out. i mean the plug is so white it seems i should almost go to a 320, but that seems insane on just a piped bike. i guess maybe i should through them in and see what it does.

mini

Old 04-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee jetting

You are almost certainly jetted right.

Like me and others are saying is that a quick burst at full throttle doesn't tell you anything because it doesn't give enough times for the plugs to get a color. I've been there and done that - you need to ride for a good while before you get a plug color. Like batouttahell, I jet by feel and take a plug reading after a few hours of riding. Also, if you're lean you'll run hot and if you're not runnin ghot and after a while the plug is a good color then call it good.

Quick Reply: banshee jetting