Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Way off topic: I hate college!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way off topic: I hate college!!!

Don't worry about the Statics class. It kicks just about every engineering student's butt. Trust me...I just finished my structural engineering degree, and I'm working on my Master's Degree while working full time. Statics is tough, and can tend to discourage even the smartest people in your class. It's designed as a "weeding out" class. By the time you get to your Junior and Senior year, you'll look back at the statics class and reallize how easy it really is once you start applying it to real-world design problems. Hang in there...it gets easier.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I just did Problem #4 in Matlab... where do you want me to e-mail it to you... I put a few comments in there about the other problems, too.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

f=ma. Hmmm. I like it. Balance the equation, I have way more "m" than most, so do I create more "f", keeping "a" constant, of course? Me thinks so. But I've been told I'm a big "a", so even more "f"?

Old 04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Godddddddd DAMN! and I thought Advanced Algebra was hard. Lol, I downloaded that, and I sorta had an idea on prob #3 with the Truck. But then I realized that I had no idea what those little symbols ment... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

-nick

Old 04-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

maddog56, check your yahoo e-mail addie... Christmas came early this year... hehe...

Old 04-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

Just do your best, that's all you can do!

Old 04-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would be really interested in taking a look at those problems, but the link doesn't work. Is there another way to access those problems?

Old 04-18-2003, 04:54 AM
Pro Rider

cut the link off all the way to his name to load his main page, then paste in the link he posted into the URL box after your there. The server is a POS and wont let you get to those pages unless you started at the home page.

Old 04-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help, I may know statics, but computers are a completly different world to me; they just don't seem to make any sort of logical sense. That is probably due to the fact that I am a mechanical and not a computer engineer. I think that the best advice that I could give you is to draw the free body diagrams. Once you see all of the forces, it will become clear to you what you need to solve for. Sure, I could give you the answer, but then again you would never learn anything from that, and guess what? You actually need to know this stuff, front to back, for classes that you will take later on in your future. Good luck, and remember, it only gets harder from here.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

sounds fun and i thought i did enough homework...good luck on figuring it out

Quick Reply: Way off topic: I hate college!!!