Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WARN 424 Select for the Wolverine is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Ty2
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARN 424 Select for the Wolverine is awesome!

I got it about a week ago. Installation was pretty simple, took about an hour to complete. The part is very well built and looks good too. The operation of the part is as smooth as silk and can be engaged at any speed. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Warn 424 select for Wolverine owners. Will post pics on my site soon.

2001 Wolverine
Transformed
MY SITE

Old 04-20-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, about instalation. What did it involve in doing it? do you have to take the whole driveshaft out? I have to replace the seal on my Front Transfer-case and If I have to drain the trainsmission fluid for the install I might as well wait to do the seal at the same time. I am so excited. Did you get your's from Montana Jack's? I just ordered mine and after hitting the order button it told me that I was not logged in and didnt have permission to view the order. They said that some people would see an error but the order would still go through. Did you have that experience?

Damn I am so excited to get mine I have been waiting for like two years for this. I wanted highlifter's to come out for the Wolverine and then when I heard how it wasnt made well I was so disapointed and that I would have to wait again for WARN and now i'm finally gonna get it for the whole summer, seeing as i'm 17 and I will have plenty of time to ride. So explain more details, how much different was the ride in 2x4?

Old 04-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Ty2
Trailblazer

First you loosen the the front differential and slide it forward, the drive shaft then basically just slides out. Replace the drive shaft with the 424 select shaft using the original boots and clip rings from the stock shaft. Then install the switch **** by drilling two holes in the plastic up near the gas tank. The whole setup looks nice and the shifting and operation is very smooth. I ordered mine through a local 4x4 shop who is also a Warn dealer. The Wolverine is a fun ride in 2wd , I was even laying power slides on black top. I also had the Highlifter Unlocker and thought it was junk and sent it back without even installing it - The Warn part blows it away.

2001 Wolverine
Transformed

Old 04-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

All us 95-99 owners need to let Warn know we need a 424 also. They said maybe in 1-2 months, but you know how these things keep getting pushed back. I want one now!

Old 04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have installed one of these on my Forman, and its one of the best mods I've done yet!!! Like said earlier, very easy to install, instructions are very detailed.

Old 04-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

I have a couple questions. Where exactly did you buy it, and how much did you pay? thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I just ordered one yesterday at gowarn.com and it was $250.

Old 04-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aaaaahhhhh !!!!!!!! quit rubbing it in, I want one for my 95, if Warn doesn't make one soon, I'm gonna scream, then blow up Warn's factory,'cause if I can't have one, then no one will !!! (just kidding, I hope they DO make one for the older Wolverines soon) Sounds like a great unit, got my money saved up and waiting for my turn. Come on Warn, don't forget about us !!!

Old 04-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

where can I find some instructions on drilling my clutch weights and what do you think of how it changed your performance. I dont want it to snap too much and then I cant to yard work on ocasion and such. Is it ia drastic change or just a slight increase in the RPM where it engauges

Old 04-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

I was on MontanaJacks website and it claims it will not be undersold on any Warn ATV product.They are selling the unlocker for $298.. I got mine for $250 at gowarn. If anybody bought one at Jacks you should call them up and see if they will refund the differance.
95wolv what did you pay for yours?rub rub.

Quick Reply: WARN 424 Select for the Wolverine is awesome!