Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Took my quad to the dyno! *updated*

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my quad to the dyno! *updated*

I edited my first post with the "results" and what he told me, so just look there.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,

WOW! bubba gotta fast ride! very nice dude!

later,
bigmac

Old 04-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

I usually just skip to the end to see new posts I guess I should have looked to see if the post was edited.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

bubba that is where the stage two ds comes in at that is why we were running so close hope i can tune a few more ponies myself, i'd like to see if the 23" haulers help, are you going to have the new tires next time.

Old 04-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman: I'm gonna try my best to get some but I donno if I can afford them after these dyno runs. I just got off the phone again with him and he said hes slowly making progress with the dynojet mains and needles. He hasnt beaten the original numbers but hes getting there. I told him that other bikes just like mine were makin close to 70 and he said I prolly wont get 70 but he thinks he can get me really close to or even 65! He dynoed and tuned those built Raptors out of Jefferson that I beat and he said he was amazed I beat them with the jetting I had and added that this thing WILL RIP when hes done! He said its the fastest raptor hes had on his dyno! I hope he gets to the 65 HP mark!

Old 04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Ridley: Did you even read the post? I also said it was running like SH*T on the top end.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you don't want to mess with him to much he is pretty fast, so since we all know dynos can tell different stories, he does have a runner. i figure that is a lot better than a good dyno number.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't pay attention to hp#s what matters is if they are increased. I think dynos very 10 to 15 percent.
Could you post how you had your carb. set up before and after?

Old 04-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

what is funny is i have raced the other two raptors bubba talked about earlier, and they are fast, have run bubbas and he is fast, with the distance on our hill the hp helps but it seems that the races are won or lost on the starting line. that is where i think bubba has a edge he gets out of the hole real well. anyways the point is my ds runs with these guys and it should, although they seem to have the edge they get more wins but i get in a few, but what is not so funny is my wife will roll up with her piped ds and if you daydream you can find you lost to a basically stock machine. so dyno # help but it all comes down to rider. hope you hit that number bubba, gets me to thinking about a larger bore on the ds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i'll see if i can get ahold of the guys out of jefferson, that would be some fun racing all four of us.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Air, When I have a question about my 686 I hope you give me some advice. There are few guys on here that give good advice and you are one of them. If you can't give someone a hard time once and while it would get to boring. Also it is the American way to each be able to have and speak of there own opinions. Now Air if I have my Rap tuned at 2200' where I live but ride at sea level (Gordens Well), will I need to change anything in the jets.

Quick Reply: Took my quad to the dyno! *updated*