Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

??? for FISHER1648

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? for FISHER1648

Hello.
I would like your opinoin on the Works shocks for the Warrrior. I have a 2002 with an Ohlins rear shock but the front end is real harsh. It's hard to spend $330.00 blind.
Thanks. Mars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Mars,

The Works shocks perform good in general - and much better than stock. IMO they are basically a nice upgrade for the recreational rider that pushes a bit. They are priced fairly and seem to hold up. If real hard riding and racing is on the agenda I'd go with the more race oriented shocks like Elka, Custom Axis, etc. (although lots more money).

Also, in hindsight, I wish I would have gone with extended a-arms at the same time as shocks because now if I want longer arms I need to replace the shocks as well. Could save a buck in the long term.

The only minor trouble I have had with them is bushing wear . I've had to replace them a coulpe times but it's no big deal.

Dollar-for-dollar I've been happy with the Works shocks.

Hope this helps - Eric

Old 04-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

I had works shocks on my Warrior when I had it. I loved them! It was a while ago but they performed very well and did everything I needed them to do! They are on my dads banshee now cause I didn't sell them on the bike, he loves them also! He's got a bad thumb/wrist and these shocks keep the bumpyness down where it doesnt wear him out. He wouldnt trade them for the world I know that!