Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Yamaha quad

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Yamaha quad

I heard Yamaha was test riding a new moto style quad recently. Possibly as a late summer release or 2004. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Old 04-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

rumers been going around for a while according to my dealer they said they are comming out with something new but no specific details...

Old 04-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

I was told the dude test rode it at Racetown and cleared everything on the track except a 105'? step up with the stock bike. Test rider says he doesn't even like quads, but went on to say this thing rocks, killer hit, handles great, uses a 450 motor etc. Also heard (please note this is 2nd, 3rd hand info) GYTR as a dealer option, has an a-arm kit that can be ordered from the dealer. Take it for what it's worth, ike I said this is stuff I hear from 2nd, 3rd hand sources. I told the guy, "If he would've cleared that big step up, I would've bought one. But since he can't, I'll stick with what I got!" Yeah, Like I"ll be doin' that!

Old 04-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Yamaha quad

I allways thought it would be a great idea if they offered the raptor with no suspension or exhaust and a performance cam and piston allready installed.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

i just read in the cannondale forum where a guy said this new quad was to be released in may. i would think if it was being released that soon you would have heard more about it. this quad would be of great interest to me since my son races mx. he just lost a dealer sponsored ride on a cannondale moto. awesome quad but just to many realibility problems. we just bought a sparks built 440 ex already set up for mx but if yamaha is coming out with a new quad that would be competative in the mx world we may just have to sell the ex. if anyone has anymore info on this new quad please speak up. you would think one of the mags would have spy photos if this quad is that close to being released for sale to the general public.

Mark

Old 04-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

i got to see the news in the new issue of all-terrain vehicle mag today,
rumor is a 400cc to 500cc raptor will new upgrades:twin heads pipes,single carb,new shocks and suspension,they say it will be a bigger fist of performance ever from a sport quad....

Old 04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

I am waiting for the next additions of the mags. If Yamaha announces, I am waiting to buy the new quad. If not, Honda better announce the 450ex or I could be looking at a KFX700 or KFX400???

Hopefully neither new Yamaha or Honda will have reverse. Just what I need is another motorcycle engine converted to have reverse. Keep it light and I won't need no stinkin reverse.

/NotuRaptor

Old 04-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default New Yamaha quad

Hopefully some news or pics will be in the new Dirtwheels [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Yamaha quad

Originally posted by: NotuRaptor2
I am waiting for the next additions of the mags. If Yamaha announces, I am waiting to buy the new quad. If not, Honda better announce the 450ex or KFX700 or KFX400???

Hopefully neither will have reverse. Just what I need is another motorcycle engine converted to have reverse. Keep it light and I won't need no stinkin reverse.

/NotuRaptor
And a kick start. Save weight.

Old 04-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New Yamaha quad

Ditch the electric start and reverse.....just more stuff too tear up eventually.

Quick Reply: New Yamaha quad