Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine missing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine missing?

I have an 2001 wolverine and was out riding yesterday. The wheeler never quit running, but suddenly lost all its power. I couldn't go past 1/3 throttle in third gear or it sounded like it was misfiring. It was dark and I was close to home so I just rode it home slowly. What would this be? Do I just need to change the plugs or is this something bigger. It was abrupt and happened without and logical reasoning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bighunter

Old 04-24-2003, 04:42 PM

i would change the plug, if that doesnt help then we'll have to go to other conclusions,

Patrick

Old 04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

If its the same as the warrior, its the parkin brake.

Old 04-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Jakal,

I have not been home to check it, but I am 99% sure you are right. It is one of those things that makes you just want to say duh. You just kept me from doing some extra work.

bighunter

Old 04-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

That 1% was right. Any suggestions?

Bighunter

Old 04-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

If you unplugged the parking brake and it still doesn't run right, then it's the next problem... The wolverine has an air vent tube for the carb and it comes up near the steering stem. What happens is a little bit of junk gets sucked into that tube and you lose all power. You'll have to disconnect that tube and blow through it. Also, possibly remove the float bowl on the carb and clean it.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, dbeck

I will try that when I get home.

bighunter

Old 04-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

If you find that your carb vent was the proble you could do this. If it does get dirt in the filter you can take it off and make it back to camp or your house with no problems.<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://http://groups.msn.com/WolverinesPlayground/more99wolv.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=123" target=blank>

Wolverine Carb Vent</A>

Old 04-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

dbeck,

I cleaned my air filter, air box, and the air vent tube. I also drained the carb and changed plugs. I didn't do anything else with the carb because i am not real familiar with carbs and didn't want to break anything. all of this did me no good.

What do you actually mean by unplugging the parking break? Where do I unplug it?

Thanks,

bighunter

Old 04-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

Big Hunter,
Something like that happened to me. I had just got my new Wolv home and was riding and all of the sudden it started running rough like the parking brake was on. It wasn't and when I got home I notced that a needle like object was laying on the top of my engine. Whatever it was vibrated loose from the carb and thus caused the engine to run poorly cause it was getting too much air and not enough gas. I took it back to dealership and they fixed it right away by stretching the tension spring that keeps that needle from vibrating out. They said they had never seen that happen before. It runs great now and a month later still no problems. Try pulling the choke out see if it runs normal. Then unchoke it, and if it runs rough, you might have the same prob I did.

Quick Reply: wolverine missing?