Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bandit or Trekker for Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandit or Trekker for Raptor?

Are they on the stock rims? I CANT FIND ANY HOLESHOTS OR RAZRS THAT WILL FIT ON A STOCK RIM. Will a tire with 11 inch rim height fit on a 10 inch rim? (Will a 20x11-9 fit on a rim that had 20x10-9 stock). I already have a 12 tooth front, theres no way I could go 18 in the back, I was thinking of moving up to a 22 inch in the back because I dont really like the short gears with the 12 but I could just put the 13 back on I guess. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] TIRES REALLY MAKE ME MAD

Old 04-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yes 20-11-9 will fit, thats what I buy. It is 20 tall by 11 wide by 9 rim. stock rear rims are 9".

Old 04-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Ok what 20 mx tire would you recommend that will slide around corners but still hook up good on any terrain?

Old 04-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said before, I like the Maxxis Razr and the GBC Shredders. both similar and hook up well and slide good too. The new style holeshots might be good to, but I think the older versions were to soft for anything other then MX. With my razrs and shredders I have been through hardpacked dirt to nasty mud and everywhere between and been very happy with both sets. Good luck and hope you find the tire that works for you.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

ok thanx

Old 05-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRidr660R
Like I said before, I like the Maxxis Razr and the GBC Shredders. both similar and hook up well and slide good too. The new style holeshots might be good to, but I think the older versions were to soft for anything other then MX. With my razrs and shredders I have been through hardpacked dirt to nasty mud and everywhere between and been very happy with both sets. Good luck and hope you find the tire that works for you.
I see you have a wider axle....this is apparantly why the shredders slide good for you. With my stock axle, the shredders do not wanna slide....they are worse at sliding than the stockers.

Old 05-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Really!!! I thought about trying my stock tires with the axle just to see how different it would be. I had the Razrs when I had the stock axle and they were alot better at sliding then the stockers. The shredders do have more treads then the razrs also.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

ATV Sport did a tire shootout with the Raptor and out of the holeshots, razrs and kenda klaws, the klaws were the best because they performed best in the most terrains. I want a tire that will slide good so what should I get. I tried my friends holeshots but they were almost at the wear limit so is that the only reason they slid good or do holeshots really slide good?

Old 05-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I too like the Kenda Klaws but they are kinda a new tire and not very many people have them right now. No idea on how long they last or anything like that. They are a winning tire on the Pro MX tracks now.

I will be looking for new tires/rims soon, right now it will either be Klaws or Razrs. The Razrs are proven winners from MX, Cross Country, and Deset racing. Not sure which to get. All the mags love the Klaws right now.

03 black and red Raptor
removed stock muffler power plugger
disarmed reverse limiter
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Old 05-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

But Razrs cost $70. WTF's up with that. Where can I get them cheaper.

Quick Reply: Bandit or Trekker for Raptor?