Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior - Many Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Many Questions

Hey guys,
I plan on buying a warrior soon so I have many questions.

A guy nearby is selling his '00 Warrior for $2000, if its in good condition, is this a good price?

If the rear tires are stock I will change them, I was concidering the 23" Mud sharks, or maybe 22" Razrs. I ride on dirt, some mud, gravel, asphault, many trails and fields. Which would be the better tire for my riding conditions, and if I went with the mud sharks, would it really hurt my accel.?

I also plan on buying a WB E-series slip on silencer, along with a K&N filter and removed airbox lid, although I might go with an ATV Power pack instead of just the filter. So with the listed mods--Would it be fine to go up a tooth on the front sprocket, yet not loose little to any acel. and gain some top end?

Any other mods. you guys would recomend that really help out either cosmeticly or preformance wise?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 04-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior - Many Questions!!

Yes $2k is good if it's in good condition. I'd say don't get mud sharks on a warrior, they are more for 4x4 utility quads. Get the Razrs, you'll like them better on the terrain you ride. The Razrs will diffinatly work better. The WB E-series is a great pipe, adds lots of torque and mid but remember to jet up a little. If you wanna remove the airbox cover then you have to get the pro-flow kit because the lid holds the stock filter on. Since your using 22" tires you prolly wont need to gear it up cause the tires will for you. I'd keep the gearing stock and deffinatly don't go down any cause it turns it into a tractor. If you gear it up it's enevitable you'll loose acceleration and gain top. Those mods are a good start for now, just remember to jet it right.

Old 04-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warrior - Many Questions!!

Thanks for the help, but---
I just called the guy a while ago and he had JUST sold it. I couldn't believe it! And the day before I was interested in his blaster and he had just sold that one too! Anyways, he's got allot of other quads like a Polaris Scrambler 400 going for 2500, but what got my attention was he has a '95 300ex thats in somewhat "ruff condtion" that he'll let go for 800. He said something about the valves clack sometimes but if you know how to ajust them, its easy? I'm still wondering wheather or not to get the 300ex--fix it up, mod it and go with that. Or just wait for something else to come along.