Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......

I saw em on there for raptors too, they claimed 60 hp on a stock raptor.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

elsancho Banshees do have headers. Its the part of the pipe that comes right from your engine, to your muffler. Also, I found this for the 400ex. http://www.paatving.com/Articles/tur...400exdynot.jpg I also found this for the Raptor: http://www.paatving.com/Articles/tur...ptordyno1t.jpg and http://www.paatving.com/Articles/tur...r283-8346t.jpg

I hope he has reinforced gears and clutch in there because thats alot of HP for the stock gears and clutch.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well AZBD its that time !!!!!! off to the river So come to the river it will be a religious experiance for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

who won

Old 05-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

He did not show [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

I guess you didn't see the other message I left! It said I would be out of town until 5/9!

I would love to show this bike to a couple riders in AZ area, please email me at bray_pike@yaoo.com and we can set up a time and place.

I also see you are NOT suppose to addvertise here either, so I will only post sites with pictures.

I want to say thanks to a couple of you who think this system not bad. Couple updates: The fuel injection system is now in CA, a company who builds ECU's for Indy car racing is changing it up. Their maping system is top notch, it will calculate and adjust Boost, fuel, engine temp, nos, and a couple other cool things too. I am not sure if it will be cost efficiant though, there regular ECU for other systems starts at $5,000 and goes way up from there.

The NOS system is a little different too, it is alot like the system they use in Drag Boat Racing. It doesn't give HUGE blasts, but little bursts at certian RPM's. It works with the ECU, so you don't over do it (someone said it will ruin your bike overtime) and gives you that little extra kick at the top of the hill. The NOS system is also great AT COOLLING THE AIR for the turbo system.

I had my bike wrapped and it goes in for a photo shoot on Monday! I will post a couple good pictures sometime this week.

Keep in mind that there is a turbo system for the RAPTOR too. That is why I keep talking about this here. The bottom line in the original HP. No matter how nice my bike might be, if you put these things on a Raptor, IT WOULD SMOKE ME! I plan on buying a Raptor myself soon.....

FYI:I am a novice rider, who really likes this ATV THING! I don't know much about mechanics, turbos, NOS, or fuel maps, or other things like that. Though I do know the team(s) that are building this system does. They will give me a Q&A to answer anyones questions. I do Know that you can go 85MPH with a stock 400EX and a turbo system (change gears too), thanks to my neighbor and his radar gun.

Q&A, I haven't added a new clutch yet, but i think I might have to down the road..

Thanks again,

AZBIGDADDY

p.s.: Here is another project I did (NOT ATV RELATED) www.nightlifelimobus.com <------- any of you riders in AZ see this on the road yet?

Old 05-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

someone asked how reliable are turbo systems....

Q&A: Inertial and power are two basic loads in an engine that affect the integrity of the parts. Inertial loads occur when moving parts accelerate, deccelerate or change direction. These loads are not increased by adding forced induction because there is no engine modifications. However, with larger bores, strokes, and aggresive cam timing, inertial loads increase proportionally to the mass and speed increases. This increase dramatically shortens the life of engines by up to 50%. Both forced induction engines and modified naturally aspirtated engines will see an increase in power loads, but this can be a good thing. Power loads are the result of pressures generated by the burning gases to the top of the pistion. Because the inertial load is in an upward motion during the last part of the compression stroke and in the early part of the power stroke, the power load will offset the inertial load. In fact, the highest tensile load in a 4-stroke engine is when the pistion is at the top of the exhaust stroke when there is no power load to aid the changing direction of the piston. In short, a forced induction engine with proper design will outlast a heavily modified naturally aspirtated engine because the total sum of added loads are less.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

I heard tale of a certain 250R that was puttin the SMACK down at 339th, is that right MH????

Old 05-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

They had several exciting races against eachother, but Brad didn't have enough to take Hargrove. Nothing against Brad's bike, I really like that 250R of his, I just tell it like I saw it.

Old 05-13-2003, 04:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

NO, he didnt beat MH, but he was close, it was a really good race every time.

RoostKIng..

Quick Reply: my 400ex will smoke most of your raptors......