Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sat on a KFX700 today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat on a KFX700 today..

Originally posted by: Ridley
Hey, I live in ashland ohio 40 minutes away, I would LOVE to race you for some cash, set up the time and place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Malvern? Anydragstrip around there? YOUR backyard? you pick, I'll be there. I'll even use my buddies "piped" raptor to make it fair.

I LOVE to race also .... but not for money .... just for the fun of racing. So if you ride for fun, count me in .... if you are into gambling .... you need to find some one else.

I ride at Elson Street , in Waynesburg about once per month (maybe this Sat.)... and I will be at the next Rumble on the Ridge on May 24 .... and at Hope Dale and Herrick Valley as the summer unfolds.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bat,

I bought one for my wife, and she loves it. But I also love it cause it gives me peasce of mind that she wont get herself into a dangerous situation, she is a REAL amature!!

The thing has PLENTY of ballz for me to have a blast on,and yet is EASY enough to ride that I dont have to worry about her,and my little one.

I want to get her some paddles,but am afriad of giving this machine TOOO much traction. The V-twin is so torquey it will wheely pretty easy. right now she can make it up everywhere spinning the hell out of the stock tires. But WHEN I do get her some paddles, they will be V-blade. for sure.

BIgger.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info bigger, my wife is pretty much an amature also. Her first experience was about a year and a half ago. I cant get her out as often as I would like, so she is pretty green.

With the new little guy on the way, it will probably be awhile yet. But I am thinking about it. I am also considering building a mini rail with a motorcycle engine in it. that would be real fun.

Bat

Old 05-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

/HeHeHe

Old 05-05-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Lots of angles going on in this thread, but here is my assessment. I went to the dealer and rode the first V Force that came in (it was orange). It looked overly big and there were some unusual things that bothered me, so I passed. Went to another dealer a few weeks later and looked again, this time at a green one. Both times, there was a 400 sitting next to the 700. The dealer asked if I wanted a test ride and so I did. Very impressed with the power and smoothness. It even accelerates like a manual shifter. After riding the 700, I jumped on the 400 and rode it through the same area. No contest! The 700 felt more powerful, more stable, and more comfortable. Heavier, yes, but in a good way. Came back the next day and bought it.

Here are my dislikes: Left side overflow canister resting on the frame rail, wires going into left side engine case are too exposed, and lack of engine braking at idle. Also a little too big for tight trail riding.

Lots of good things though. It is a very sporty ride with right-now power delivery.

While the 700 looks much larger, the 700 is only 1 inch wider than the 400 on the spec sheet.

Old 05-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
OK, lets go to the moto extreme track this saturday.It's a smooth natural terrain MXZ track and has room for drags too. It's down 43 just south of canton. at the intersection of 44 and 43, there a small road to the right. The track is just down that road a couple miles.look it up on the map. And if I win, my only payment will be you coming on here and posting the results as they happened. Sound good? Let me know. Don't turn at the battlesburg track sign, that track has too many jumps and i want this to be fair. If this isn't good, temp me with something else in a PM
I conceed the MX track race to you ! This is not an MX machine ..... and besides.... I was doing that on two wheels probley before you were born. I am 52 now, and almost three hundred pounds. That MX stuff is 30 years behind me !

Old 05-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Let Ridley have the course and you wait on him and spank him in the straights...LOL.

Old 05-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Ridley ... I have read a number of your posts, in this, and in the other sections of this forum ...... and have reached the following conclusions ....

1 Raptors are the fastest quad ever made ........
2 No other brand of quad could ever be quicker than a Raptor
3 Yours is the faster Raptor in the State of Ohio ... ( maybe not in the whole USA.)
4 There is not a better MX rider in Ohio .... (maybe not in the whole USA.)

The MX challenge was your idea, not mine. Your challenge is not about finding out about the KFX capabilties,
(you said you already have seen them perform ) ... its about your ego ..... which I believe is larger than the state of Ohio
( maybe the whole USA )

Just one old mans opinion

Old 05-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vforcer
Ridley ... I have read a number of your posts, in this, and in the other sections of this forum ...... and have reached the following conclusions ....

1 Raptors are the fastest quad ever made ........
2 No other brand of quad could ever be quicker than a Raptor
3 Yours is the faster Raptor in the State of Ohio ... ( maybe not in the whole USA.)
4 There is not a better MX rider in Ohio .... (maybe not in the whole USA.)

The MX challenge was your idea, not mine. Your challenge is not about finding out about the KFX capabilties,
(you said you already have seen them perform ) ... its about your ego ..... which I believe is larger than the state of Ohio
( maybe the whole USA )

Just one old mans opinion

LOL!! My thought exactly!!

Ridley, you need some RIDLIN!! You have been on here for a month, and you have 228 posts![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You better slow down, cause your gonna burn yourself out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Originally posted by: Vforcer

Ridley, you need some RIDLIN!! You have been on here for a month, and you have 228 posts![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You better slow down, cause your gonna burn yourself out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

227 of them talking trash on the V-Force, talk about ***** envy.

Quick Reply: Sat on a KFX700 today..