Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sat on a KFX700 today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat on a KFX700 today..

Lets take a poll. If you think Ridley should shut his trap, say "Aye".

Aye.

Back to the subject at hand. The 700 is fast and does handle well, even on tight trails. It has become a major player, in the matter of 2 months, on the GNCC circuit. (those of you who don't know what that is, do some homework) And these are basically stock machines. Yes some have aftermarket pipes and Elka shocks, but that is the extent of the modifications so far. Just wait until the aftermarket catches up with the new demand. All I have to say is - watch out. They are pulling the holeshots in many of the classes they are in. There are not many more grueling, tight, technical XC races than the average GNCC race. And if a 130 pound woman can tame this heavy beast for 2 hours, then that says something for the inherent comfort, handling and rideablility of these machines.

I have never ridden one, but I hope to soon. Time will tell if they are as easily modified as a Raptor, Banshee or 400ex. If so, then we loyal Raptor riders may be in for a surprise.

RR1

Old 05-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

vforcer i've read your postes on your V and how it compares to a stock one , let me say you MUST take up ridleys offer and spank him like his moma wanted to. If i could id race him on an MX track just for fun then race him in the woods and make him cry. Then drag him and shut him up .

Vforcer you MUST im tired of his cr@p and your the only one that can do something [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
Any time, any place, any course, any amount of $$$$$

OooooooH! Does that offer stand good for DS's Tooo???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-07-2003, 02:09 AM
Trailblazer

well folks, getting back on track, "Sat on a KFX700 today", I sat on one about a month ago and I was amazed. Then I laughed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Guys I weigh 175 pounds and Im 20 years old with raptor at home. When I sat on this thing I swear it didnt budge the slightest bit. It was stiff as a board. Thats LAME!!! Then they let me ride it because I lied and said I was interested [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] When I romped on it, it had to think about it before it took off. But before even getting to ride it you have to figure out how to put the dang thing in gear. In my opinion, this would be a great quad for an old guy wanting to putts around with the kids at the dunes. Besides chicks dont dig the vforce[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

oh and one more thing! In motocross who cares what kind of bike your on if you dont know how to ride. Ill take on an unexperienced raptor rider with a blaster any day on a tight track.

Old 05-07-2003, 02:37 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Just an interesting note.

Just got back from riding with my buddies kid, the one I talked into getting a Predator. Where we were riding, there is a field about 80 to 100 yards long. We raced about 6 or 7 times, and I won all but one of them (BIG wheelstand, looked Cool as H*LL, but doesn't help win races). Now before all of the Predator guys start screaming, let me say that if that field had been 120 yards long, I would have Lost every race. A little later, I hoped on the Predator and all I can say is Holly Sh*t, does that thing pull hard.

My point is, that after riding my KFX700 and then hoping on the Predator, I couldn't believe that I was beating it, even in a short race. The truth is that the 700's acceleration is Very Deceiving.

Just in case you are wondering, I also raced my Nephew on my wifes Ozark. I beat him too. We all had fun, and I honestly could care less if even the Ozark beat me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

does that mean you are better at shifting or better at laying on the throttle?

More than some people realize its the rider not the bike. I raced a kids banshee with my semi modded raptor and beat the crap out of him. Then we switched and again, beat the crap out of him. So which quad is better????

Old 05-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ridley,

"different strokes for different folks" !!

I have no problem with you,and I really dont think anyone else does either, If you dont like the V-force that is totally understandable, cause thier are people that dont like the DS,Rappy,LTZ,and 400ex etc..... BUt you always have to keep in the back of your mind, that the people that shelled out thier hard earned cash to buy thier V-force, bought it cuase they really liked its features. If you start out with a dissrespectfull attitude, you will get dissrespectfull responses!

The V-force WILL run with ANY STOCK atv on the market today. It should not be talked up to be anything more than that, cuase that is where you WILL find hostile opinions. After that , it will be up to rider,and MODS.

Everyone wants their opinions heard,and respected ,so let ALL make it SO.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the 700..... except for the weight

if it was about 100lbs. less... I'd consider buying it for trial riding

it is nice to have an auto trans, and a drive-shaft on the trails....

but, hell... a Rincon, Grizzly, or Prairie is only another 80 pounds heavier.. why not get one of those for trial riding? a 4x4 would do much better on muddy, rocky, steep, rutted, snowy trails

if I'm goin to have a 2wd quad, I want it to be less than 400lbs.... if I'm going to have a quad that weighs more than 400lbs. then I want a 4x4....

heck.... a Wolverine is a sporty 4x4 and it only weighs 485 lbs...... that is a good trail quad as well

I think the 700 should shave some major weight or get a live front axle.... it's out in the middle of nowhere right now

Old 05-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

WORD!

Quick Reply: Sat on a KFX700 today..