Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Raptor

Basically I am buying a new bike and im looking at the raptor. However, I have heard that they arent great as far as durability is concerned. Itd be a great help if you raptor owners could tell me what the main problems you face with your raptor. I know this is the Yamaha forum so some people might not want to say anything bad about the raptor, but i would really appreciate the honest truth about how its durability is and what problems are common with it.
Thanks alot

Old 05-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

All bikes have problems. You just hope that you dont have to pay to much to fix them. My brother has an 01' Hes gone through a tranny and starter clutches. I believe with the newer model Raptors the tranny is fixed but the starter clutches are still a problem.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

I ride an 01 Raptor piped (GYTR w/ custom machine work), jetted, K&N. I ride the South Canadian River and about 12 times a year we make the trip to Little Sahara. My raptor has been my dream bike. We push our bikes to the extreme, and the only problem I have had is that about two months ago my starter gear went out. I have the extended warranty and my dealer fixed the problem. However, I do a lot of maintenance on my bikes as a result of the harsh riding conditions we encounter. Still, my raptor has been virtually trouble free and personally, I have ridden almost everything else on the market and wouldn't trade my raptor for anything. It is the perfect bike for me and I have no reserves about recommending it to anyone else as an excellent machine.

~HoundDog

Old 05-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

Yep, starter clutch is the most problem. Other than that, Awesome power and a great bike.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

I've had my 01 tranny fail. The connecting rod go through my cases. Other than that, its been great. Believe it or not, I love my Raptor. Right now, there isn't another quad out there that I'd be more interested in buying than a Raptor. There's plenty I'd like to have, ie, Baja, Predator, Banshee, Z400 in that order but, none more than a Raptor.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

I just got my 2003 Raptor a month ago and have put tonz of mods on... So far, I have not had any problems, besides keeping it clean and breaking 5 of my teeth, other than that it is the baddest a$$ bike that money can buy!! That is the honest to GoD truth.

NuG

Old 05-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

ChubbyNug - Was it your teeth or the bikes teeth? I hope not yours.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

Money can buy better !!!!!

Old 05-09-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

Even with my rappy got stolen, I will go get another rappy and rebuilt it right where before the thiefs took it away from me. I had the bike dail in. This would be my winter project once the money start rolling in for the bike. This time I will rig the bike with a hand grenda that way the thief won't able to use it.

Old 05-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default The Raptor

The only problem with mine is that it doesn't have rear-view mirrors. I'd like to see how far ahead of everyone else I really am!!!....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Raptor