Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:21 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!

I have said my piece and I am gonna drop this thread, but I meant it when I said that even though this is a forum about quads, if we don't watch the politcs (Canadian or otherwise) the politicians will sneak up on us all. Then we can sit around and discuss the good old days when we talked shid about DS'vs raptors vs banshees(raptorsLOLLOLLOL) PIECE!

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, when I'm in Oregon most of the people I meet are pretty cool-- but then again I mostly hang out at Winchester Bay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] . It seems that most of my friends I grew up with in Alaska have moved to the coastal part of Oregon and they are trying to convince me to move down there... not gonna happen.

But, you are right... there are too many hippy Oregonians and Washingtonians moving up to Alaska. These greenies really erk me. They come up in May, leave in September, and while they are here they try to tell us (true) Alaskans how to live and that we don't respect the land, blah blah blah hug a bunny, etc.

Seems that the Californians move to Oregon, the Oregonians move to Washington, and then the Washingtonians move to Alaska. I don't care if like-minded individuals move into my hometown (actually encourage it), and I realize that any American citizen can live wherever he wants in this country, but damn, why can't the greenie/hippies just stay in Seattle and Portland... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
I have said my piece and I am gonna drop this thread
before you go, can I make a quick dig at mormons? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] (you are from Utah, right?)

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:29 AM
|
Pro Rider

Wait a second though let me get my other 3 wives!!LOL You can rip mormons all day, I live among them and still don't get it!

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I usually bug my mormon friends on a daily basis, but then they fire right back about me being a gun-totin', bunny killin', hippy slappin, alaskan fool. It's all good, 'cause when we go riding they can clear their mind of all the women problems...

...still have yet to get them to drink beer, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

yeah we keep pushing for a tourist season [ as in hunting them] but not having much luck. maybe you guys could get somewhere up there....just a thot....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

We used to have one of those until my city stopped allowing the cruise ships to dock...

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:52 AM
|
Pro Rider

They won't drink your beer?? Hell here in Utah it is well known that that is how you know which of the guys on your boat is a mormon, he didn't bring any, he just drank all of it!!! Have a cousin who lived in Palmer, beautiful place, he works on the tundra up north as a gold mine chemist. Couldn't get him to take me on a field trip.

Old 05-12-2003 | 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hossblur
Have a cousin who lived in Palmer, beautiful place, he works on the tundra up north as a gold mine chemist. Couldn't get him to take me on a field trip.
That's basically what I would like to do... live in Wasilla and work up on the slope as an engineer... they pay awesome and you get lots of time off.

Old 05-12-2003 | 04:51 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, I don't like seeing the Canadian president bash our country either. But, we have plenty of people here bashing our own country. As far as Canada goes, I can only speak from what experience I had when I drove through the country on my way to Alaska 10 years ago with a friend. I lost the carrier bearing on my driveline. I was able to find the part, and spent several hours on the side of the road working on it. A Canadian guy comes up to my friend and I (he lived across the street from where we broke down), bringing both of us a cup of coffee. We tell him what's going on, and he watches us work on the truck for a while. Turns out he was a retired GM mechanic, and when he was tired of watching us hack at the thing, he jumped in and fixed my truck in short order. My friend and I were filthy from head to toe. He has us come over to his house, his wife cooks us dinner, we used his shower, and he even offered for us to stay the night (although we declined on the last part, and got back on the road). That is one event in my life I will never forget. That was the most memorable experience I had while driving through the country, but everyone there was great. Most of them would give you the shirt off their backs. If that guy that helped us broke down here in California, you know what would probably happen? The guy across the street from where he broke down would call the cops, get his truck towed away, and have the poor guy cited for loitering....

You have more people speaking out in California against our own country, so bash California, it works for me. H*ll, if it makes you feel better, boycott avacados or something.

Quick Reply: OH CANADA???????? time for a border skirmish!!!!