Combine a cool concept with the time of year for giving (and receiving) and it makes sense that your ATV Connection editors are excited about this one!
Tie downs are a fact of life for ATV transportation, but finding a place to anchor your tie down’s hooks can be a pain in the tailpipe. Powertye’s got a neat solution in their complete, 1-foot E-Track Kit mounts in truck beds and trailers to provide 12 secure tie-down anchor points that firmly secure any ATV or side-by-side UTV in transit.
This 8-piece modular transportation-management system consists of two 1-foot sections of E-Track and a pair of snap-in fittings with integrated, steel O-ring hooks, complemented by four rubber end caps that give the rails a clean, professional look while keeping anything from being trapped underneath them.
Built from thick, 12-gauge steel that is zinc-plated silver to withstand the elements, each foot-long E-Track is 5 inches wide and has six evenly spaced 2-3/8-inch by 1-inch slotted anchoring points.
Weighing in at 1.6 pounds each, the tracks are simple to install in the back of pickups and enclosed trailers or on open utility trailers. Just ½-inch tall, they can be oriented horizontally or vertically on walls or floors with a half-dozen ¼-inch mounting holes along each side which are 2 inches apart vertically and 4-3/8 inches across, center-to-center. The rails can be attached with screws or bolts, even permanently welded in.
Powertye’s heavy-duty, spring-loaded O-ring hooks snap quickly and securely into any E-Track anchoring slot. Their beefy tie-down rings are 1-3/4-inch in diameter. Manufactured from high-strength steel, this integrated duo is rated to handle loads up to 6000 pounds.
To cover more area or tie in multiple vehicles, E-Track also comes in 24-, 36- and 58-inch sections, all of which can be sent via UPS without extra shipping charges. Powertye also has E-Track-specific tie downs and other hooks that snap into the rails.
But Powertye isn’t all about E-Track. True to its name, the company’s product line covers the entire spectrum of vehicle-hauling supplies: more than 30 innovative tie-downs–from 1 to 2 inches wide, 5.5 to 7 feet in length, with traditional cam buckles or ratchet systems, as well as a huge selection of other straps, soft ties, anchoring hardware and cargo nets.
When it comes to securing precious bikes, quads and side-by-sides, Powertye’s E-Track Kit and broad selection of other transportation accessories provide a firm grasp and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Please visit PowerTye.com for more information about Powertye’s comprehensive product line or call 800-659-0575.
• Powertye E-Track Kit
• Part Number: Powertye: 45301-KIT; Parts Unlimited: 3920-0286
• Availability: Authorized dealers worldwide and Powertye.com
• Warranty: Lifetime
• Retail Price: $32.95
Defining Features and Benefits
• 8-Piece kit contains two 1-foot sections of E-Track, a pair of snap-in o-ring hooks and four rubber end caps
• Designed for use in pickup-truck beds as well as enclosed or open trailers
• Each track has six evenly spaced anchoring points
• Can be mounted horizontally or vertically on walls or floors
• Six mounting holes along each side
• Install with steel fasteners or by welding
• Heavy-duty, spring-loaded O-ring hooks rated up to 6000 pounds
• Warranty: Lifetime
• E-Track also available in 24-, 36- and 58-inch sections
• Powertye has an extensive product line of vehicle-hauling accessories to complete any transportation job