1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance for some pictures of which to mess with? I'm a little new at this. I have a Roketa 250 ATV-02.

Thanks mucho mucho for your time.
Lefte

Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
These steps will work on 99% of these atv's. They are very hard to get running and people get upset when they turn the key and it does not run. Dont forget these are not set up at a dealer like the name brands so the most basic adjustments are done from the factory. These are built in china and the temps are hot so thats how the adjustments are done. As we all know in America the temps vary and these are not set at all for cold temps.
I agree with you on most of it besides this part. There are many distributors that exclusively work through authorized dealer networks. In my case most of my dealers are Big 4 powersports dealers or Can-Am, Polaris dealers..

Good tips though.. I think this will indeed help in 99% of the case with non starting units.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Trailblazer

I've read and followed your instructions on these Chinese carbs and it helped get my son's little bike running. The only problem now is that it won't idle. It will idle when cold, with the choke off (choke on kills it), but when the bike warms up it dies unless you give it a steady amount of throttle. Doesn't take much throttle to keep it running, but some. I've adjusted the idle screw, and the fuel/air screw to no avail. Adjusting the fuel/air screw out helps some, but I have to adjust it out so far that the screw is so loose it will fall out if he rides it anywhere. I've checked every circuit in the carb and everything is clean. This is a PZ-19 carb btw if that helps anyone. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

good afternoon fellow riders,

I am trying to set the factory carb on my 2008 gio beast 200cc.
it is the carb with the a/f screw at the bottom of the carb.
i have come to learn the screw has been tightened in the last few weeks
(since i bought it) and when i try to back it out 2 turns, fuel pours out the overflow line that hangs out the bottom of the bike. I have looked around and found similar issues with the big 4's but they are saying to bend the tab on the float to stop the fuel flow when the bowl is full. I am not sure if this is my problem here and if i should be doing that or perhaps there is somehting else i should be looking for. any help or insight would be great.

the bike will start and run fine with the screw tightened in all the way. mind you is does have poor performance and bogs out alot when shifting gears or when the bike is under load it seems.

thanks in advance !!!!!

EDIT: spelling errors

Old 01-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I tryed to adjust the carb on a 07 or 08 pink redcat 90 cc and I get a little blue smoke when idling but none when riding. Any ideas or concerns I should have?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

where do you get jets for these quads?
What kind do they normaly take?
My 125cc is running very hot
I think it is lean.
Thanks

Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by rufrydsc2
I've read and followed your instructions on these Chinese carbs and it helped get my son's little bike running. The only problem now is that it won't idle. It will idle when cold, with the choke off (choke on kills it), but when the bike warms up it dies unless you give it a steady amount of throttle. Doesn't take much throttle to keep it running, but some. I've adjusted the idle screw, and the fuel/air screw to no avail. Adjusting the fuel/air screw out helps some, but I have to adjust it out so far that the screw is so loose it will fall out if he rides it anywhere. I've checked every circuit in the carb and everything is clean. This is a PZ-19 carb btw if that helps anyone. Thanks in advance.
+1 on this for me. I just can't get it to idle steady without using the throttle to keep it running. It runs great otherwise. If I adjust the idle screw up any farther, the thing just starts to roll away as it is a always on transmission. I have a TaoTao 110L1. Robb

Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a CPI Bullet and it is a 90cc.I got it from a friend of mine and it ran when i got it but then we loaded it up and i got it home and it would start for a sec and then it would just die.I got the carb adjusted to where it will run but it still isn't great. I either have idle with the choke closed (and it bogs down at full throttle,( like it is getting too much fuel) or I can get it to scream at full throttle with the choke open (and it doesn't want to idle). Could it be the carberator just needs adjustment?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Great Thread

This thread just made me think. All I had to do was march out and change the clip on the needle by one position. Three month old problem solved quad running great. Now if I could fix the starting dilemma all would be good!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2011 GIO BEAST 200 Runs Like Crap

Hi, I have a brand new Beast. I just bought a 110 cc Mini Hummer and a T2 125 cc unit and both these purr like a kitten. Of course mine is the beast and am having a hell of a time getting it to run. I can get it to at least run at full throttle with the choke on half. I followed your instructions to adjust the carb. 2 turns on A/F and 3.5 ish on idle. I took the carb off and flushed it out.

Normally how long would it take to flush this gel stuff out? Is the A/F adjustment that sensitive? I can't even get it to idle so what else do you think? I replaced the LG D8TC plug with an NGK DPR8EA-9 but I can't see that as my problem.

Cool looking Quad but I did not buy it for a lawn ornament!!!!

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...