1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc..."></title><script src=

2manytoys,
I'm new at this, I have common sense and can fix most things if I have a clue.
I bought a new 110cc & 250cc china made atv's.
How do I check to see if they have gel-pac's in the float bowl?
I have never put fuel in them,Just wanted to fix them first.
I put them together out of a crate.
Then I greased all front suspense.
Put lock tight on everything I could.
Put good fuel filters on, and added a inline shut-off on the 110cc fuel line.
Put good oil in them both.
Bought new batterys for both.
I aligned them both 1/4" toe in.
Checked all wiring, to prevent chaffing.
Used stainless wire instead of cotter pins.
I plan on taking out the gel-pac's, and raising the needle in the carbs.
Adjust carbs.
Is there anything i'm forgetting to do?
I you could tell me step by step how to get to the gel-pac's it would be great.
All the things I have done I read about online.
Thanks in advance. YOUR THE MAN

Old 09-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc..."></title><script src=

Hi,
I too am having problem with my 50cc meerkat.

I bought it from CL from a person who could not getting running (will not start). This thing is really brand new the previous own had if a year but run it for about 2 months when the problems starting happening. After a year he just plain gave up on it. I fooled around with it a bit and got it running (I think the choke was hitting frame) . I though my problems were over.

Now that it runs it runs strong however I can't get the thing to Idle and start 100% of the time with the choke. I have followed the suggestions in the forum to remove and clean the Carb, make all the adjustments required (Valves, Idle Screw, Fuel Air Mixture screw).
1. Is the F/A screw suppose to be a needle screw? I've taken carbs apart and the F/A screw is rounded. (kinda like the idle screw). I thought it odd but I've never had one of these carbs apart.

2. I adjust the F/A mix 2 turns out and have to turn in the Idle screw. I find myself trying to crank in the idle screw .I don't have a feel for when I'll suppose to stop. I'm afraid that I'm going to damage something..

3. I also added a fuel filter (it's clear plastic so I can see the fuel It's never Full. Is it suppose to be? I also has to runt he Fuel line around the carb (not over the carb) could the longer run be causing the carb not to pull the gas from the tank.

When I feature the throttle it runs forever. When I keep the throttle at a constant it sounds like it runs out of gas..

Any help is appreciated

Jmp

Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

on a kazuma 50cc I have at tdc what is the proper cam lobe placement?

Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

how do i get messages to my questions

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

where is the location of the mixture screw. i could only find the idle screw on my son's mini quad(sunl i was told). It ran fine till i shut it off and took it to put air in the tire. shut it off. loaded it in the back of my explorer. aired the tire, returned home started it up, and as soon as he throttled it, it bogged and died. i let it set for a min. or two. closed choke, started it again and when i opened the choke, it ran wide open at idle, but died when he throttled it. got the idle set right, but it wont run when opening the throttle. please help.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have tried your suggestions and my 250cc dual carb four stroke still won't idle. This is a new machine (Boxer) and the idle adjuster just barely touches the throttle even when it is screwed all the way in. The throttle appears to work ok but this condition is perplexing. Any ideas?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I read your article on carb adjustments and found it very useful. Quick question I have a Peace Mini Dinosaur ATV 90, the carb was a mess took it apart and cleaned it twice runs good but fuel leaks out bottom hose on bowl it has a screw but if you turn it out at all fuel flows more turn it in tight still leaks, thinking it was unfixable, bought a brand new carb put on runs great but same problem while it is running and when stopped fuel continues to leak out bottom hose on bowl any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark

Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

2manytoys...,awsome information on carb adjustments. This has helped so much!
I do have a question though. I was given a 49cc chinese atv (not running of course!) The carb has an adjustment screw on the side of the float bowl near the bottom that has worked its way loose. Leaks fuel everywhere! Also there is a hose beside this screw that is just hanging. It also leaks. What is the adjustment on this screw and what is it for? What is the hose for and where does it attach?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Bumped and moved.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

hey man i just bought a 250cc from a guy but it dont run. do you have a post on tearing a carb apart and cleaning it. im a newb to these so id end up putting it together wrong or getting mad and just letting it sit in the garage. Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...