1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

new tao tao 125cc reveiw

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tao tao 125cc reveiw

hi to all, first time poster. i purchased a new tao tao 125cc utility atv from online vendor. i was looking to buy a used atv for my up north 40 acres. i was having truoble finding anything good in the $1,000.00 price range so i decided to go with the tao tao for $869.00 shipped to my door. i was impressed with the shipping time i ordered it on a monday night from California and it was at my house in Wisconsin the next monday afternoon wow!! the shipping crate and box were in ok condition looked like it got stabbed with forklift forks but it did not cause any damage.unpacking and assembly took 3 hours i took my time used lock tight on all bolts. it came with a dvd that was nice to have i also charged battery it started right up ran it for about 30 min. then changed the oil. i took it out today ran it for about an hour. it preformed well was very happy no problems i have to say it is better then i expected and i would defiantly buy again. so far so good. if any body has any question please let me know.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

Good to hear! We haven't had any problems with our little 2009 model year Taotao 110D either. Shipping wasn't bad for mine either, aside from the fact they sent me a 110D when I had ordered and paid a bit more (like $20)for a D1. I called them on it, they said they'd send me the front bumper assy to make it a D1, but they never did. What model 125 did you get? Is it a mid-size machine? Any pics?

Joel

Old 10-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey 110cc, it is the full size model. i would post pictures but not sure how to. sorry

Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by mic125cc
hey 110cc, it is the full size model. i would post pictures but not sure how to. sorry

Nice! Does it move you along adequately? It's kind of funny, but I've warmed up/tested my kids little 110 and with the throttle stop out, that sucker will zip me around no problem and I'm 225lbs. Is this like yours?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also bought a tao tao 125 for my sons last year ( 4 friends and myself got them for kids ) and for the most part they have been great. I would highly recommend rechecking any nuts and bolts for awhile. The only problem we ALL have had are things backing loose ( mostly front end ) And maybe keep a spare set of rear brake pads around.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes that is the model that i have. i go 165lbs and it has plenty of top end speed could use a little more low end but it is a 4 stroke. and yes i to am keeping an eye on all the nuts and bolts to make sure everything stays tight. i am working on taking off some of the EPA stuff to see if it helps with power.how much chain slack do you have on yours? mine seems tight but i still get a little chain slap on the chain cover.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, as far as EPA goes, mine's got the air injection hose tapped into the exhaust and that bulge in the pipe is supposedly a catalytic converter. I read where an owner cut his open and tried to drill it out. He had a heck of a time with it, but eventually got the honeycomb stuff out and welded it back together. It's not worth the effort IMO. You're only going to get so much out of it before other stuff starts breaking from the added stress. On our 110, the chain is tight with no weight on the machine, but slackens up some with weight on it.

Joel

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i bypassed the intake epa that basically pushes hot oily air into the carburetor. and there is one on the exhaust that i made a plate for. both did not make any added power so i switch them back to stock. i made all kinds of these mods on my race car over the last 5 years and they made major improvements . i guess quads are different o well it still will tear up the grass in the yard

Tom

Old 02-15-2016, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by mic125cc
hi to all, first time poster. i purchased a new tao tao 125cc utility atv from online vendor. i was looking to buy a used atv for my up north 40 acres. i was having truoble finding anything good in the $1,000.00 price range so i decided to go with the tao tao for $869.00 shipped to my door. i was impressed with the shipping time i ordered it on a monday night from California and it was at my house in Wisconsin the next monday afternoon wow!! the shipping crate and box were in ok condition looked like it got stabbed with forklift forks but it did not cause any damage.unpacking and assembly took 3 hours i took my time used lock tight on all bolts. it came with a dvd that was nice to have i also charged battery it started right up ran it for about 30 min. then changed the oil. i took it out today ran it for about an hour. it preformed well was very happy no problems i have to say it is better then i expected and i would defiantly buy again. so far so good. if any body has any question please let me know.
Hello! Just wondering how the plastic is on these TaoTao's? I had a little 90cc that I purchased from Kidatvs.com and it did not take long for the plastic to start cracking all over.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

no problems with the plastic its been 5 years and it looks as good as day one. the only thing i have had to work on was the carburetor and i think that was because i was using gas with ethanol in it my bad

Quick Reply: new tao tao 125cc reveiw