1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

TaoTao 110 Intermittent Turnover??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao 110 Intermittent Turnover??? Help!

I could not find any other threads on any forums which could answer this question I have. I try to start the ATV and sometimes it fires up just fine and sometimes about half of the time doesn't start, wont even turn over no sound nothing. So I'd say about 50% of the time it does fire up normally. At random when I turn it off and try to turn it back on sometimes it will not turn over at all and I'm doing the same starting process every time nothing has changed so I'm thinking maybe I there is a loose wire somewhere or something is about to go bad. It's 3 mo old so should be no issues, battery is fully charged.

After turning on and off the kill switch and ignition key a few times it will turn over eventually.

Why the inconsistencies? ?

Old 11-25-2015, 04:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I think you have diagnosed your problem, "I'm thinking maybe I there is a loose wire somewhere or something is about to go bad." Check all wiring connections between the starter button and the battery. Most likely fault is the ignition switch, if it is a four wire switch, and is faulty, make sure you get the right one to replace it. Check the earth wires, and any safety lock-outs too.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The assembly process and QA is poor on these Chinese ATV's. Go thru all your wires and especially your grounding wires as said. I remove the bolts holding them down and clean them with a good wire brush.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

The next time you get it running do not use the kill switch on handle bar to shut of use the key. Then see how it starts next time.. Those handlebar switches are sometimes pretty cheap and cause all kinds of issues. I dont even use them on our new cats its always the key. Also check where the wires go into your key switch. I had one where one of the wires was hanging on by one strand and causing strange starting issues