CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

hey ironrod, who nickle plated your exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey ironrod, who nickle plated your exhaust

where did you send your exhaust to get nickle plated, how much did it cost?

Old 01-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

A local plating company did it right here in good old Albany Oregon! I'll have to look up the name. You'll have to prep your own pipe, they only plate. Than means getting rid of ANYTHING on the pipe besides metal. You might want to consider starting with a new pipe, there cant be any rust or any coatings of anykind on the pipe. You'll spend about $300-$350 for it. Then you'll have to buff it out. But not too much of it!

Old 01-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I sent pictures of my pipe (along with rough measurements) to Chris at Jet-Hot and he sent me back a quote of $100/each to get them coated.

I never sent my pipes in for coating, but he did in fact send me a complete kit of info about their work. It included a pamphlet as well as a video. I've also got a picture of my head pipes removed with a 24" square in the picture so if you want to shop around and email the picture to a few different places it makes it fairly easy for them to get an idea of what type of project they are looking at.

Chris Morris 800-432-3379 x110
http://www.jet-hot.com

---------------------------------------------------
Here is the email he sent me 5/16/03:

Dear Chris,
The moving rings wouldn't cause any problems. There looks to be a clamp that can be removed, I would suggest to take that off. The coating is only .0030.004" thick. It would not interfere with the bolt holes.The price to coat the 2 into 1 style pipe,in&out with the sterling silver finish,is $100+s&h back. Add $20 for the flat black,blue or grey finish. We'll need them here for 3-5 days plus shipping time back.If the parts are chrome or nickel plated,add $40 to the total and 2 days for stripping.I will send you our full information package to get you all the coating benefits in greater detail. It will not turn colors like chrome or stainless. Also it lowers under-hood temperatures by 40+ degrees, keeps the pipes 25% cooler and gets you 1-3% extra horsepower. Of course, it's highly rust resistant as well(140x better than paint). Because of that we expect it to increase part life be 10x or more.

Jet Hot also carries a coating called Jet Hot 2000. This coating runs up to a temperature of 2400 degrees. The Jet Hot 2000 only comes in a flat black,blue or grey finish and has a gritty texture on the outside. The Jet Hot 2000 runs $25 more than the sterling silver finish and $5 more per ft. This coating takes 2 days longer than the sterling silver process.We suggest Jet Hot 2000 for set ups with nitro,turbos,etc.

All parts receive a 3 year unlimited guarantee that covers chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloration, rusting. New parts also get a lifetime rust through warranty as well.

Please ship your parts to:
Jet Hot Coatings
5602 Orchard Rd
Pascagoula MS 39581
or
1840 West Drake Dr
Tempe AZ 85283

Please note: Jet Hot 2000 is only done in the Pascagoula,MS location

Just be sure to include your name and return info so we know who they belong to and specify the finish of your choice. As for billing, you can either include a credit card number with the parts or you can call one in to the phone number listed below. Please feel free to call or email with any other questions. Thanks Chris Morris 800-432-3379 x110