CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Does anyone know which is faster the Kawasaki Prairie 650 or the Bombardier quest 650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know which is faster the Kawasaki Prairie 650 or the Bombardier quest 650?

Just like the topic says I am looking at either a 650 prairie or the 650 quest.

thanks in advance

Old 01-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Does anyone know which is faster the Kawasaki Prairie 650 or the Bombardier quest 650?

In a 25 ft drag race, the kawie is faster, 200 ft about even. beyond that, the Quest takes over and steadily pulls away. The lighter Kawasaki is a better sport machine, the Quest a better surefooted utility/work/adventure machine. Depends on what you want out of a big 4wd.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I had a Prairie 650 and its no contest 200 ft. The kawy is an awesome machine. The Quest is too. If your looking for the fastest or sport like go with the Kawy. The Bomb has a better 4wd system and is more comfortable and probably the toughest. My opinion

Old 01-11-2004, 10:24 PM
mtd
Range Rover

Sorry Pal, I don't know where you've seen a Quest Faster than either a P650 or P700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know In your dream.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Do you guy's realized what your writting. The only Bombardier that can follow a P650 would possibly be the DS...

Keep dreaming boy's

P650 is faster, stronger and way much fun to drive...

MTD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtd
Sorry Pal, I don't know where you've seen a Quest Faster than either a P650 or P700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know In your dream.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Do you guy's realized what your writting. The only Bombardier that can follow a P650 would possibly be the DS...

Keep dreaming boy's

P650 is faster, stronger and way much fun to drive...

MTD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
follow?hahaha, i think ur the one whos dreaming

Old 01-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey MTDummy who pulled your chain. Ive had both and raced both in drags and cross country. It sounds like you love your Kawy as did I but these are the facts. Get some and get back with us. They are both great machines for different applications. The Kawy is faster for most places. Take them on a quarter mile which we did for fun and the Quest will catch it. Seems like the Kawy runs out of gear. By the way anytime you want some DS let me know.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This comparison has me wondering why would someone want to 'race' a Prarie & Quest anyhow. I can see why MrMeaner raced them - if you've got them and a couple of extra minutes why not race two small tracotrs.

I mean, there -ARE- ride on lawn morer races, and those people are highly modifying the mowers to win races. I guess if I'm looing to buy a utility machine top end speed is the last thing I'm concerned about. I think MrMeaner sounds like he's got the best info on these two; having owned both before so he isn't as biased as to only own one of the models. Which what MrMeaner said confirms what 222 said leading me to believe their information to be quite solid.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. I worked for a Kawy/Polaris/Artic cat/Bomb/Dinli dealer and we raced lots of different ones. Youd be suprised how many people ask this before buying one.

Old 01-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Blackhawk.

have raced in local drag races several times in the utility class (300 ft). Stock for stock, no util has ever beaten me in 300ft, however, a kawi with clutch kit did put the hurt on me. Have not raced a kawi 700, but i'm guessing the 700 would win. You are right- why ask which is faster in a drag race - I hope someone isn't buying a 4wd to go win the util classes! - their intended purpose should be the deciding factor on which to buy. The tractor race is a good analogy! LOL. I only raced because I'm there already racing true race machines and there is usually $70-$80 bucks to be added to the takehome in util class.

The most important factor in which will win in 300ft is probably the takeoff procedure of the rider of the quest 650- ameteur for ameteur, the kawi will probably win in a short distance- so, MTD may have beaten a quest. You have to bring this thing off the line just right to overcome its slow clutch takeoff. With the kawi, just about anybody can punch the throttle from dead idle and it will respond very well.

I have a friend with a ds650 and a kaw 650 - needless to say, the first thing he did was come over and race my quest! His kaw is a great machine and is a "funner" 4wd- the Quest outshines it more as a util 4wd.

All this race talk is making me antsy - see ya later

Old 01-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Traxterman has also had both, several of each and he owns an ATV dealership.

You can take what he says to the bank.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know which is faster the Kawasaki Prairie 650 or the Bombardier quest 650?