CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2016 Can-Am Renegade 1000 & Commander Max

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:50 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2016 Can-Am Renegade 1000 & Commander Max

Can-Am's 2016 line is shaping up to be pretty impressive and includes an all-new, ultra-aggressive, 89-hp Can-Am Renegade X mr 1000R model:

2016 Can-Am Renegade 1000 & Commander Max - ATVConnection.com

Old 09-24-2015, 09:26 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing looks to be a one trick pony . Could you imagine that on a long trail ride? Talk about uncomfortable.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess everyone just has to have their dedicated mud machines. I would have thought that the Outlander would have been enough but no Can-Am had to make a Renegade XMR. It probably doesn't ride as bad as it looks but those tires on anything other than mud will probably have the rider checking every few hundred feet to make sure they aren't flat as they will thump thump their way down the trail. And still no rear rack. At least the Scrambler models have racks, even if they are tiny. On this type of quad, it makes sense to include at least a smaller rear rack. It basically has no way to haul anything. I think an XT package like on the Outlander with slightly more aggressive tires than stock, beefier bumpers, a rear rack and winch would be a much better package for the Renegade. It would give the Renegade enough utility to get more people to choose it over the Outlander that normally wouldn't even consider it.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I think you are missing a lot going on here guys. First of all, the tires are not the same monster tires you find on the Outlander version of the XMR. So ride isn't going to be as harsh for one thing. Secondly, for those in the know, the X MR versions have a stronger rear Differential... MUCH stronger. That is true for both the Outlander based models and the Renegades. Also the X-MR based Renegade has a whole different mapping in the computer, that maximizes torque and gearing is a little lower as well. One of the things I have been seeing a lot of guys do with these is to put a tall but less aggressive tire on them, and are really raving about the end result. Best of both worlds, stronger components, and smoother ride on your average trail.

And no I don't have one, nor do I work for BRP. But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn once....

Old 02-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
I guess everyone just has to have their dedicated mud machines. I would have thought that the Outlander would have been enough but no Can-Am had to make a Renegade XMR. It probably doesn't ride as bad as it looks but those tires on anything other than mud will probably have the rider checking every few hundred feet to make sure they aren't flat as they will thump thump their way down the trail. And still no rear rack. At least the Scrambler models have racks, even if they are tiny. On this type of quad, it makes sense to include at least a smaller rear rack. It basically has no way to haul anything. I think an XT package like on the Outlander with slightly more aggressive tires than stock, beefier bumpers, a rear rack and winch would be a much better package for the Renegade. It would give the Renegade enough utility to get more people to choose it over the Outlander that normally wouldn't even consider it.
You can get a rear rack for the Renegades. There are some after market companies and Can-Am makes 2 for the Renegade if I remember right.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Cool

Yeah, but a rack on a sport machine is kind of redundant. The renegade is first and foremost a sport machine, that happens to be a 4x4 quad.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
Yeah, but a rack on a sport machine is kind of redundant. The renegade is first and foremost a sport machine, that happens to be a 4x4 quad.
It's still nice to have a small cooler with your lunch when you finally get stuck in the mud.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a Scrambler 500 4x4 before and it had the optional rear rack. The only thing I ever hauled on it was a cooler. If nothing else, a rear rack gives you something solid to push on if you get stuck lol. A Renegade is more of a sport-utility. A sport quad is like a sports car, made to go fast. A 4x4 utility is more like a 4x4 truck. The Renegade is more like a high performance suv, like a Land Rover, Mercedes or BMW. Speed combined with ability.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by greg74
I had a Scrambler 500 4x4 before and it had the optional rear rack. The only thing I ever hauled on it was a cooler. If nothing else, a rear rack gives you something solid to push on if you get stuck lol. A Renegade is more of a sport-utility. A sport quad is like a sports car, made to go fast. A 4x4 utility is more like a 4x4 truck. The Renegade is more like a high performance suv, like a Land Rover, Mercedes or BMW. Speed combined with ability.
The Scrambler was the first to try to bridge the gap. I didn't care for the original one. Uncomfortable ride to say the least. But, I have nerve damage in my back. The Wolverine was a good attempt to, but underpowered to me. Renegade was a home run for Can-Am. Very sporty, light handling ride even with the extra weight of the 4wd system. Then new Scrambler looks to me that it is a good mix too. Son is thinking of picking one up.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
The Scrambler was the first to try to bridge the gap. I didn't care for the original one. Uncomfortable ride to say the least. But, I have nerve damage in my back. The Wolverine was a good attempt to, but underpowered to me. Renegade was a home run for Can-Am. Very sporty, light handling ride even with the extra weight of the 4wd system. Then new Scrambler looks to me that it is a good mix too. Son is thinking of picking one up.
I had a Wolverine 450 as well. It was better than the original scrambler except for power. The new Scrambler looks good. I only wish they made a model with the 570 engine that was a little less expensive. I might have bought one.

Quick Reply: 2016 Can-Am Renegade 1000 & Commander Max