1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Peace sports 110 cc ATV

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peace sports 110 cc ATV

Need help please! Bought this cheap ATV For my son 2 Christmases ago. It ran fine until about a year ago. Prolly less than 6 hours on it total! Been away working and haven't had a chance until now to try and fix it. Been sitting for 12 months.

He was riding it and it just stopped running. Suddenly no fire at the starter switch. I can jump the solenoid and the starter will turn and the quad will attempt to run.

I've been reading up on kill switches. This one has one on the left handlebar above the choke, one on the hand brake lever, the actual key ignition switch and the parental pull cord kill switch.

I assume one of these is the culprit. I have no idea where to start or how to proceed. Though I am quite mechanical, electrical stuff just befuddles me!

The cable/wire that goes into the right hand brake has broken. It controls the brake light. I squeeze the 2 prongs together and brake light lights up. Not sure if this is the issue.

This ATV has only one gear with no neutral. It ALWAYS starts in gear. Because of this I'd really like to just by pass or remove all the kill switches if possible.

This is a VERY cheap four wheeler so I really do not want to spend any money on it.

I just registered here and this is my first post. EVERYONE I spoke with online said come here and ask 'Lynn' my question. They said he is the guru of Chinese ATV's.

BTW, sorry for typos! I'm on an iPad and its hard to type on!

Thanks for any and all help!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

on your brake lever, it actuates a piston for the brake to push the DOT4 brake fluid in/out of the reservoir. there is a switch, which would make the circuit complete to illuminate the brake light. that is a safety interlock that must work in order to crank the engine. that way the kids won't try to start the quad while standing beside it and get run over or drug down the trail. the brake light may not illuminate due to a broken wire or bad bulb, but the switch must work. so go ahead and get that working. "you can jump the solenoid and crank" is telling me that the safety interlock we just discussed is working correctly. let's go after that brake switch first. ok?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
on your brake lever, it actuates a piston for the brake to push the DOT4 brake fluid in/out of the reservoir. there is a switch, which would make the circuit complete to illuminate the brake light. that is a safety interlock that must work in order to crank the engine. that way the kids won't try to start the quad while standing beside it and get run over or drug down the trail. the brake light may not illuminate due to a broken wire or bad bulb, but the switch must work. so go ahead and get that working. "you can jump the solenoid and crank" is telling me that the safety interlock we just discussed is working correctly. let's go after that brake switch first. ok?
Okay this switch is broken. It came out of the brake lever in two pieces. Inside it had a white plunger , a spring and the two prongs. The small tubular housing the plunger, spring and prongs are in cracked and split right at the end. I've been looking for a replacement part to no avail. Do you know a source?

Any other options for fixing it? BTW, I REALLY appreciate the help!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

try these folks. they have a toll free number. click on your model or as near as possible. then follow the parts list and see if you can find it. a lot of the chinese brands' parts will interchange with each other. just like chevy to gmc to pontiac to buick, ford to mercury, etc....

Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
try these folks. they have a toll free number. click on your model or as near as possible. then follow the parts list and see if you can find it. a lot of the chinese brands' parts will interchange with each other. just like chevy to gmc to pontiac to buick, ford to mercury, etc....
Link?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oops. my bad.

Peace ATVs Parts

Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! Is there anyway to by pass this switch? It'd be nice to make sure this is the culprit. No worries tho. I am gonna try to order the part today

Edit- just noticed the link you gave me is the exact place I bought the quad. Ive been looking and calling them all week. I can't find the part and I also can't get anyone on the phone! I'm off work today so hopefully they'll answer!

Edit #2- http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/13253

The electrical cord in this right handle assembly is what is broken. The plastic part that inserts into the housing is what broke. I can't seem to find it sold separately. Man $42 for a $3 need. That's tough!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

there are other websites that'll pull up on your generic chinese atv parts search. remember this: a lot of the chinese quads will have parts that interchange. it's like chevy to gmc to pontiac to buick and etc....ford to mercury....etc.....savvy? so, these websites you may find may not be your "brand", but look closely at the parts/wiring and it should work. i've had hibird parts work on a SunL and had Roketa parts work on my hibird quad. but my only requirement of a website is a toll free number so i can talk to them if necessary.