Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Chinese Quads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Chinese Quad and Oil Filter???

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some help. My cousin purchased a brand new Chinese 250cc 'utility' quad off of eBay a year ago. It has it's limits, but for the price he paid, it gets him where he needs to go. It's not the smoothest, but for the money whatever. It does require a little TLC, double checking and tightening bolts, and using loctite where needed lol.

Anyway, we would like to change the oil, and I'm sure any 4 stroke 10W-40 oil will be fine, but we're not sure what to with the oil filter? Any suggestions or help on finding one for it? I know parts are limited, but I'm hoping we can find an oil filter since that is something you would service. Anybody have any resources? All I know about the bike is its an 08 'T-something' or 'MX' it has the small circle headlights, like the yamaha grizzly bikes.

Any help would be appreciated. We have the owner's book but it doesn't mention anything of this. It's quite vague, and pretty poorly translated.

Thanks!

*edit* Here's a pic, it's the same exact bike except without a huge lift and all the auxiliary lights lol
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
2001 Honda 250EX
My Garage

Does it even have a replaceable filter......most of these Ive seen have a screen setup and no user changeable filter.

But then Im not around the bigger machines like the 250s.....but a quick check shows no oil filter numbers that I can find on the Chinese 250s.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

JaCKaL829

On my 2008 Geo 250, I use Rotella 15-40 which works just fine. One of the brands
recommended on this forum for use on this type of engine with a oil base clutch.

No oil filter on these engine's. The 15mm drain plug is magnetic, which will catch any
metal filings.

My 250 takes 1.1ml of oil, also it's good to check the dip stick once your done.

Hope this helps.
2008 250 Gio Bad Boy - Sold
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalerman View Post
JaCKaL829

On my 2008 Geo 250, I use Rotella 15-40 which works just fine. One of the brands
recommended on this forum for use on this type of engine with a oil base clutch.

No oil filter on these engine's. The 15mm drain plug is magnetic, which will catch any
metal filings.

My 250 takes 1.1ml of oil, also it's good to check the dip stick once your done.

Hope this helps.
damn, a quart of oil must last you a long time if you only use 1.1 milliliter at a time !!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

So this particular quad (pictured above) I believe it's by a company called 'Tao', does not have an oil filter? That's good to know. I was planning on just using Maxima Premium ATV 10W-40 for this bike, along with my other 'real' bikes.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

95wolv

Good catch on my Typo.
What it should read is 1.1 liters of oil.

Thanks.

JaCKaL829
Make sure to check the dip stick when your done.
2008 250 Gio Bad Boy - Sold
Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Garage is empty, add now

Is a liter about 34.something ounces?, I forget my conversions.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 PM

Tags
2008, 250cc, atv, change, changing, chinese, filter, filters, finding, forum, giovanni, oil, quad, quads, tao