1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box

i have a 2005 Baja wildness 250 red i am looking for a reverse gear box any one with a clue where to get one

Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

check ebay. tons of parts to be found there.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by monte61
i have a 2005 Baja wildness 250 red i am looking for a reverse gear box any one with a clue where to get one
Well first off have you tried Baja motorsports?? On their website they have parts listings and what to place an order. Or just phone them.

Also as mentioned ebay or several other companies use that same Jianshee 250 engine also.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default re help Baja

thanks for the responces ok yes i tryed baja motorsports they dont make the model wd250 or stock parts any more also ebay no luck

Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by monte61
thanks for the responces ok yes i tryed baja motorsports they dont make the model wd250 or stock parts any more also ebay no luck
They list a WD250U is it different??

If you could take a picture of what your looking for we might be able to narrow it down for you. So we know for sure what your looking for.

There is a parts list on here www.yamahajianshe.com - Parts Service is this look like the same part?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help Baja

Hey thanks for the help i attatched 4 photos of what the gearbox looks like

Attached Thumbnails Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-100_0494.jpg   Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-100_0495.jpg   Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-100_0496.jpg   Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-100_0497.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well from looking at the Jianshee site and this site here http://www.panterramotors.ca/pdf/AT2...s%20manual.pdf it looks like you can buy the pieces for the inside and rebuild it. Its not sold as an assembly.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey monte61 I have a 2006 Baja Wilderness 250 motor that is just about complete, I have taken off the stator and stator cover and the middle drive gear and cover, it had a knock on the bottom end but the rest is good, clutch, gearbox, cylinder head, etc, I was going to stick it on e-bay but let me know if you are interested, i`m gonna put it on e-bay this weekend so let me know if you are interested or not.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gearbox

Tommy if the gaer box is the same ill take it any pics of what you have let me know

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

Monte61.

Looking at your pictures, I don’t think that my Baja motor parts will fit into yours, mine had a Jihanshe motor I believe some of the earlier Bajas were produced with a Loncin motor, I guess yours was built with the Loncin motor, but all is not lost.... If your motor looks like a Yamaha Timberwolf / Beartracker motor then a Yamaha motor will probably fit into your frame.

Read on...

I don’t know if you have read one of my other posts about my Baja Wilderness, but to cut a long story short, I had a bad bottom end knock on my Baja motor so I put a Yamaha Timberwolf motor into my Baja frame.

The only real issues were:

1) To avoid splicing any wiring I replaced the Stator, the Stator cover is exactly the same size and shape as the Yamaha Timberwolf motor, so no need to strip the Stator from the cover, so no big deal there.
2) Replace the yoke from the Baja driveshaft onto the Timberwolf driveshaft, the Baja driveshaft is bigger than the Timberwolf, it’s a couple of minute job, unclip the circlips and remove the yoke bearings, do the same on the Yamaha motor and swap the yoke, bearings & final driveshaft coupling.
3) Elongate the holes in the starter motor bracket, the starter motor fits, but the bracket holes are just off.
4) The neutral sensor is different, on my Baja I had 5 white wires coming from the neutral sensor, that went into one green wire, that disappeared into the wiring loom, I extended the green neutral wire from the Baja wiring loom and connected this straight to the neutral switch on the Yamaha motor, doing this caused no problems and works great, the neutral light works fine and it starts great.

Everything else, I kept Baja stock, starter motor, carburetor, carburetor intake etc.

I really have no mechanical knowledge at all, but I did the swap on a Saturday with the help of my 16 year old son, so if I can do it then anyone can!!

I got the Timberwolf motor from E-Bay for $180 delivered, I’m thinking by the time that you buy all the bits you need for your gearbox, if you can get them that is, you will be spending much more than what I paid for the Yamaha motor.

If you decide to go the Yamaha route, I will help in anyway I can..

Atached are a couple of pictures of the Yamaha motor in my Baja frame.

Attached Thumbnails Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-engine-201.jpg   Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box-engine-202.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help Baja wildness 250Reverse Gear box