Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese quad wiring, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese quad wiring, need help

Acquired this quad with no spark issue, found handlebar switch in pieces with wires broken off, not sure if it's supposed to be like this but there's a 4 pin connector where wires come from the handlebar switch that plugs directly into the cdi, looking at some wiring harness on eBay it looks like maybe a different 4 pin connector is present that plugs into the cdi. We are not sure what the previous owner has done with the wiring but there are wires that have been cut and reattached. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere, my son has this Chinese ATV, he thinks it's a taotao ATA 250.
Does anyone know if it's normal for the 4 pin connector from the handlebar switch to plug directly into the cdi? Anyone have a wiring diagram for this model? Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son worked on it again today and found that the previous owner in fact did plug the handlebar switch wiring/4 pin connector into the cdi, and had the 4 pin cdi connector plugged into where the handlebar switch wires/4 pin connector should go, in other words he had these 2 identical size and shape connectors reversed. After connecting these back as they should be he got spark and has it running. Now to try and figure out why it turns over slow unless he loosens the stator cover bolts on the right side, then it cranks over fast. He did have this cover off when replacing the stator.