Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

2004 Grizzly Tire/wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Grizzly Tire/wheel Question

I just got my 2004 Grizzly, and would like to put a bigger set of tires on it. I have seen front end lift kits for the grizz. I was wondering if anyone knew if putting the bigger tires on the bike would void my warranty. Also i was wondering if i actually needed to use the lift kit. And if there was a specific size that worked very well on the grizz. I was looking at the black and chrome ITP Bigwheel kit with the 589's in 26in. Any info or advice on the topic would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you!

Jack Garrand

Old 10-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have "THE GRIZZ" too, 2003 limited edition metallic titanium. BY NOMEANS can a manufacturer void your warranty for putting aftermarket parts on your atv or ANYTHING ELSE!!! just bought the ITP 589 M/S BIGFOOT KIT on C series aluminum rims. Your grizz will never be the same!! SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!! and still has a GREAT RIDE on these aggressive treads! bought them at 4atvtires.com. Had questions too, I don't think you need a lift kit , adjust your suspension level. just did mine, made a difference.

Old 10-08-2003, 11:22 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

You will not be disappointed with the 589s. My brother has them on his Sportsman and they rock.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, your warrenty may not be honored if you up size the tire when the owners manual expressly calls for 25 inch tires. A larger tire is much harder on the cv joints, drive axles, drive train, clutch, and engine. I'm not saying not to put them on, I'm saying purchase them from someone other than your dealer. If your bike breaks you can put the factory tires back on and return it to your dealer and let them pay for it. F. em.

Old 10-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tealsandtails
I have "THE GRIZZ" too, 2003 limited edition metallic titanium. BY NOMEANS can a manufacturer void your warranty for putting aftermarket parts on your atv or ANYTHING ELSE!!! just bought the ITP 589 M/S BIGFOOT KIT on C series aluminum rims. Your grizz will never be the same!! SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!! and still has a GREAT RIDE on these aggressive treads! bought them at 4atvtires.com. Had questions too, I don't think you need a lift kit , adjust your suspension level. just did mine, made a difference.
not true. If the manufacturer can prove that non-OEM sized tires caused the problem, your warranty will be voided. But, the Magnuson-Moss acts state it is the responsibility of hte dealer to prove that the non-OEM part caused the problem. Do Vakero said, keep your stockers and put them on if you have to go in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am going to order some tires for my wife's bike soon, prob Mudlites. Just have to decide on 26" or 27". Going ot stick with stock rims for now (trying to save $ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

btw, tealsandtails, where in La are you?

Old 10-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

If i went with the 589's or the Mudlites, I could order one of them Big Wheel kits right? And have then sent on new wheels so that i could Keep my old ones for Warranty work/Matinence when i had to return to the dealer, and when i recieved the new tires/wheels, would i need to do any kind of a lift or spacers or anything to the grizz to install the wheels? Or would the just bolt right on and work properly? I think i am going with the 26's as i'd like to preserve as much power as i could. Thanks Guys!

Jack

Old 10-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jackus
If i went with the 589's or the Mudlites, I could order one of them Big Wheel kits right? And have then sent on new wheels so that i could Keep my old ones for Warranty work/Matinence when i had to return to the dealer, and when i recieved the new tires/wheels, would i need to do any kind of a lift or spacers or anything to the grizz to install the wheels? Or would the just bolt right on and work properly? I think i am going with the 26's as i'd like to preserve as much power as i could. Thanks Guys!Jack
usely when you buy a kit, they are mounted and balances, ready to go! If you just get 26", you can bolt them on, no problem.

Some Mudlites on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436761228

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436947648

Some 589's on eBay. I think Precision Powersports is a sponsor here? Or do they just have banner ads?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436947635

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436947673

Old 10-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

Depends what you want to do. i can recommend what tire to buy if i knew if you wanted RIDE/Ride,mudding or just a Mudzilla machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]