Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ELKA suspension "no preload"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently upgrading my trx250r for MX set-up. Along with some other modifications, I got a good deal with "Christian Paul Motorsports" (seen @ an ad. on DirtWheels, May 2002, Mag.) @ Gloversville, NY. I'm talking about ELKA "no preload" suspension for the front and back. I would like some information on the performance of these shocks and the reputation of the party i'm doing business with. Your feedback, if any, is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

Its pretty sad that noone has responded to your post yet. Anyway, in my opinion Elka's are the best bang for the money right now, they use the same technology as TCS and are cheaper. I cant say that I have ever heard of Christian Paul MS, but as for the shocks you cant miss with them. Hope I didnt respond too late. Good luck

Old 05-24-2002, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

I'm also surprised of the lack of response. Whats funny about it is that they don't know what their missing. I got these shocks for $1,200 for front and back "no preload" by trading in my front works and back stockers. Nevertheless, I think its a good deal buying them for their retail price of $1,550. (Est). I did make some calls to aftermarket companys and they had good things to say about Christian Paul MS. By the way, they have excellent prices on other items.

Old 05-25-2002, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Do you have a web address/ phone# for them? Thanks.

Old 05-26-2002, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

Sure I do. Company Name: Christian Pual Motorsports # 518-661-6321/ E-mail: christianpaulmotorsports.com. The gentleman I ordered from is "Rick".

Old 05-29-2002, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also ordered me a new set of elka's .I rode tcs on my 400ex but some of my friends tried elka's and I gave them a spin and they are top notch shocks.

Old 12-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default ELKA suspension "no preload"

LOL. I live in Gloversville and get all my stuff through Rick. Very good guy to deal with and he always hooks me up with the good prices! He knows his stuff to!

Sean

Old 01-14-2003, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have elkas on my raptor and they came way to stiff, the end pulled off the shaft of the rear shock after i had them for 3 months, on the fronts the bodies are distorting so the adjuster won't adjust anymore and when we tore them down to rebuild them the bodies inside were building up a ridge around the snap ring so the seal head wouldn't come out. next time axis all the way

Old 01-15-2003, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I think you will be very happy with the Elka's especially if there valved and sprung correctly. As said earlier they are deff the best bang for the buck.

If I remember right there were some problems with the earlier Raptor valving and spring settings that were causing problems, but most were either corrected or replaced.

Raptor racer - Just curious what happened when you contacted them about your set up problem?

Remember that its close to the odds of winning the lotter that you shocks will just install and 100% right for you and your machine. With such issues as high and low speed valving, rebound valving, spring rates, spring rate progressions and then the weight biases and set up of your quad there are a lot of things that need to be "dialed in" before you will get all your new shocks can offer.

So yes they may work well out of the box but if you want them to work right you will be doing some work that the shock company cant do for you.

Old 01-16-2003, 03:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

when the end of the rear shock broke i asked them about it and they revalved the rear while it was there and they sold me some new springs. the fronts that came originally were 350# and the ones that i bought from them were 270# so they were a long ways off. and the rear was just as far off but i forgot the rates. i think that once they get that worked out they will be fine but i am still having a problem with the bodies distorting and i need to contact them about it.

Quick Reply: ELKA suspension "no preload"