General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

That looks good, definatley won't be stickin yer leg out the side now, nice job....wader

Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

I've learned that plastic costs less than surgery. When in doubt....abandon ship.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Rhino Rollover

HCR makes side door inserts for Rhinos here KickPLates

Old 04-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Rollover

There's several places making "half doors". When I was @ the "Sand Show" last Sept, I saw a
couple businesses that had them. About 1-2 of them had a hinged, opening type door, and a
couple that were fixed (don't open) that you would just have to climb over. One place was Alba
Racing.... I've myself have only had one occasion where I two wheeled mine, and it was on the
dirt. I have driven the dog poo out of it in the dunes and have never had a prob..... I plan on
finding a pair of half doors at some point that will give me a good comfort feel and add looks to
the ole Rhino...

Rude Dog

Old 04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

I know this is an old thread that has been revived[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] From what I have witnessed out at Pismo and other places, the Rhino and others like it are being ridden like an atv, which they are not. Time for the driver/rider to take responsibility for their actions or buy themselves a padded suit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Wow, I started this thread so long ago, can't believe it's still going.

I agree, Rhinos are driven very agressively, sometimes too much so for the design of the machine (without the right modifications) or the skills of the driver.
But that's true with almost every vehicle. When you see the guy with the fully loaded and raised Suburban towing his fully loaded ATV trailer down the freeway at over 80 mph, what do you think he's going to be like when he gets there... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: GusinCA
Wow, I started this thread so long ago, can't believe it's still going.

I agree, Rhinos are driven very agressively, sometimes too much so for the design of the machine (without the right modifications) or the skills of the driver.
But that's true with almost every vehicle. When you see the guy with the fully loaded and raised Suburban towing his fully loaded ATV trailer down the freeway at over 80 mph, what do you think he's going to be like when he gets there... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
He's going to be operating his toys of choice the same way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] We are our own worst enemies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Then we cry foul when the government cracks down on us, because they try to stop the wrecklessness[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that a minority portrays everyone in the sport as being.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Having owned a Rhino since they came out here is my take. Some people MAY stick their feet out, no big deal, make a SIMPLE door. I went to Wal-Mart got to helmet nets (sort of a bunch of tie down tied together) for something like $10 for both. Bolted the bottom of then through the floor and hooked the front to the front of the Rhino floor boards. Then cut small slots in the area under the seats to anchor the hooks for the door. What I ended up with are "net doors" that I can easily leave down when working and getting in and out of the Rhino a lot, but can hook up in seconds for trail riding and to keep my passenger safe.

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover