General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

YO RAMSFAN,

I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOUVE DONE TO THE OLD GIRL (LEG PROTECTORS). DOES SHE STILL TALK BACK? THE CHEESY WHITE PAINT IS GREAT, IT GIVES IT A HAZZARD COUNTY FEEL. SO YOU ANTICIPATE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO ROLL IT. A LITTLE PRECAUTION AND FORTHOUGHT CAN GO A LONG WAY.

REMBER, WERE A HELMET WHEN RIDING ON TWO WHEELS!

Old 11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: MULEDESTROYER
YO RAMSFAN,

I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOUVE DONE TO THE OLD GIRL (LEG PROTECTORS). DOES SHE STILL TALK BACK? THE CHEESY WHITE PAINT IS GREAT, IT GIVES IT A HAZZARD COUNTY FEEL. SO YOU ANTICIPATE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO ROLL IT. A LITTLE PRECAUTION AND FORTHOUGHT CAN GO A LONG WAY.

REMBER, WERE A HELMET WHEN RIDING ON TWO WHEELS!

I am redneck through and through I have had people ride with me that feel alot better now with the leg minders and I agree I always wear a helmet unless I am hunting( I dont get crazy then) I love the sxs world and where it is going. a few negative people think they need to complain every time the screw up and yes sxs can tip but so can trucks and they dont have roll cages from the factory so lets sue dodge, ford , chevy. LOL I wrecked my 500 sportsman and wasnt wearing a helmet can I sue polaris for not supplying me one with the atv. NOOOOO if you ride you will see or experience something bad sometime somewhere just get used to it and be as safe as you can. we cant make a manufactuer protect us 100 percwent of the time. I feel for those who get hurt or even killed but dont blame the manufacture for someones mistake. Now if it is an actuall defect then that I can understand, make them fix a defect but anything beyond the sell to us is up to the individule and what they plan on doing with there new toy.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

My stepson was seriously injured as a passanger last year while riding a Rhino. While making a lowspeed turn the Rhino flipped over on it's side pinning his leg under the vehicle. He spent 28 days in the hospital and endured 12 surgeries. Eventually the had to amputate half of his right foot. This message is for all of you self proclaimed "Bulletproof" idiots who still think this is not a dangerous and defective unit. Everyone, including myself have heard of these types of serious accidents and feel it could only happen to the "other guy".. Well let me tell you from experience anyone who continues to ride a Rhino will unfortunatley someday turn into the "other guy" but hopefully without the same results as we've endured. It's Russian Roulette on 4-wheels. Just Google the phrase Rhino Rollovers and see how many hits you get and read the articles. These are not make believe tales and they are too numerous to be isolated incidents or all driver error.

Our $--,---,---.00 lawsuit is currently proceeding and you will see that within the next couple of years Yamaha will do a recall or drastically redesign the newer models to incorporate a wider wheel base and lower center of gravity. This isn't about getting rich but most importantly making a change to prevent others from suffering unnecessarily for the rest of their lives as my stepson must endure. If you have a Rhino, sell it!!! Buy an empty parachute pack and use it. At least that way, "You Will See It Coming".....

Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: hard2find
My stepson was seriously injured as a passanger last year while riding a Rhino. While making a lowspeed turn the Rhino flipped over on it's side pinning his leg under the vehicle. He spent 28 days in the hospital and endured 12 surgeries. Eventually the had to amputate half of his right foot. This message is for all of you self proclaimed "Bulletproof" idiots who still think this is not a dangerous and defective unit. Everyone, including myself have heard of these types of serious accidents and feel it could only happen to the "other guy".. Well let me tell you from experience anyone who continues to ride a Rhino will unfortunatley someday turn into the "other guy" but hopefully without the same results as we've endured. It's Russian Roulette on 4-wheels. Just Google the phrase Rhino Rollovers and see how many hits you get and read the articles. These are not make believe tales and they are too numerous to be isolated incidents or all driver error.

Our $--,---,---.00 lawsuit is currently proceeding and you will see that within the next couple of years Yamaha will do a recall or drastically redesign the newer models to incorporate a wider wheel base and lower center of gravity. This isn't about getting rich but most importantly making a change to prevent others from suffering unnecessarily for the rest of their lives as my stepson must endure. If you have a Rhino, sell it!!! Buy an empty parachute pack and use it. At least that way, "You Will See It Coming".....
What was he using it for?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

He and his cousin were riding down a gravel road to the other side of the lake to go fishing and when turning off of the road the unit flipped.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

and he stuck his foot out, right? heaven forbid anyone should actually take responibilty for their own stupid actions!!!!!if i put my hand in a lawnmower, guess what? I'll have 12 surgeries too!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

and with that attitude I hope you do!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Rollover

Sorry to hear of his accident. How old is your stepson and his cousin?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
RIS
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

So sorry to hear about your stepson. That has to be the pits for him to have to deal with that as a young man. I am a father also and a Rhino owner that my 11 & 12 yr. old sons drive. (they also have CRF150s and ATVs & been riding from ages 3 & 4) I tell them to slow down in the Rhino befroe they even get in it. I have made them read some of this and ask them "Did you hear me? Slow it down!" I tell them all of the time "You can get hurt bad in that thing". "THINK!" You and I both know they can get hurt bad on the 150s and there ATVs. This is our sport. This is what we like to do. The teaching NEVER stops! I keep a close eye on them when we are out riding. Yes things can go wrong. But I don't think this makes me stupid or anything.
I would like to know the rest of your story. (not useing the word "story" to down play what happend to your stepson) How old was the person driving? Anyone teach them how to drive it? (most kids get drivers ed class room time before driving) How old is your step son? All flat ground...off the Rd. into a ditch by the pond...???? What is low speed? What is low speed to you? Any adults see this or even around at the time? ...................?
I'm not trying to kick you when you are down and I wish and your stepson the best of luck.
Robert

Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

I am very sorry about your stepson, it's such a hard thing to go through.
How old is he?
It's nice to see that people are becoming more aware of this issue. Hopefully, it prevents of a lot of these accidents from happening in the future.

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover