Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default What's this? (400ex carb)

I bought an 07 400ex (upgraded from my 01 300ex) and I'm getting ready to tear into my carb and I noticed this hose sticking out and not going anywhere. Is it just a vent? My first thought was a vacuum line for the petcock, but then I saw that it is not a vacuum operated petcock. I see on it's located in a place unusual for vacuum so I started it to see if it was. As expected, it's not vacuum. What does it go to? If it is just a vent, where does it lay? Thanks in advance!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to Williebee Send a message via AIM to Williebee
Post What's this? (400ex carb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1340 View Post
I bought an 07 400ex (upgraded from my 01 300ex) and I'm getting ready to tear into my carb and I noticed this hose sticking out and not going anywhere. Is it just a vent? My first thought was a vacuum line for the petcock, but then I saw that it is not a vacuum operated petcock. I see on it's located in a place unusual for vacuum so I started it to see if it was. As expected, it's not vacuum. What does it go to? If it is just a vent, where does it lay? Thanks in advance!

Click the image to open in full size.
It look's like a vent hose/bowl/overflow the way it's routed up high , i could be wrong but that's what it look's like to me ; look's like 2 hose's hooked into the one you're holding!
Look for another hose hooked to the bottom of the carb bowl , if there isn't one on the bottom ; then it has to be for the carb vent/overflow .

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum !

williebee.....
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

if you lift up that rubber pad i think it has a hole in the frame tube right there it gos down in.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

it goes right on top through the black rubber peice with the other hose
Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 PM

Tags
300ex, 400, 400ex, carb, carbs, carburetor, honda, hose, hoses, petcock, rich1340, side, sticking, vacuum, whats