Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2001 350 fourtrax no start

I have a 350 four trax that i cant get the neutral light to come on when in neutral so it wont start. Also the reverse light wont come on when in reverse. Tried to jump start at solnoid but no luck. when i notice the problem it first was the neutral light was on in 1st gear and neautral but now wont come on at all .I tried everything I can think of but when it come to 4 wheel knowledge is limited . anyone have any ideas on how to bypass this or fix it . Thanks
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default jump solnoid wires

hi guys i grounded the yellow with red wire at solnoid neutral light comes on and stays on in every gear bike starts only with the pull cord i have no eletric start. is there a sensor in the motor some where that tells the bike thats its in neutral that allows the eletric start to work ?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Trailblazer
2004 honda foreman, rubicon 500

It shouldn't matter what gear its in to jump the solenoid to start it ... my buddy had that same problem and we just took some wire and got a high amp push button switch and wired it directly from the battery to the starter use some heavy wire and a fuse... this is a cheap way out until u can figure out the problem... could be the solenoid itself ..hope this helps
Old 02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

its not the solnoid cause sometimes it will go into neutral and start the very best. all iam doing now is grounding the wire to the frame and pull starting it . i was told it could also be the sensor in the case where the shifter is . called my local honda dealer for a price and the the woman didnt ahve a clue what i was talking about
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude2001 View Post
hi guys i grounded the yellow with red wire at solnoid neutral light comes on and stays on in every gear bike starts only with the pull cord i have no eletric start. is there a sensor in the motor some where that tells the bike thats its in neutral that allows the eletric start to work ?
there is a plug on bottom to the rear of the motor.see if it is unpluged
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM

Tags
02, 2001, 350, blown, foreman, fourtrax, fourtrx, fuse, honda, light, neutral, nutral, rubicon, start, trax, warrior, wont