Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ES problem for honda

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES problem for honda

I have a 03 Honda fourman Rubicon 500 4x4 with hondamattic tranny . when I turn the key on it shows the gear protection an (--) D1 D2 ESP it all flashes fast an bogs when I go in (R). I put a new angle sensor on an i was sure to pre loaded it when i installed it.I checked the oil its full . Then I tried resetting the ECM the motor never made the noise 3 time like it was post to to let you know the reset worked an after I tried the reset on the display it shows the (N) an ESP then shows all signs agen but flashes slow. An when I go in (R) it does not bog but soon as I turn the key off it goes back the same way before the reset showing all signs an flashing fast an bogs in (R) back to square one can anyone please help .. An someone told me to make sure the battery is fully charged an it is ..

Old 11-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

How many long blinks and short blinks

Old 11-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

It don't stop blinking when I turn the key on it blinks fast then when I reset the ecm it blinks slow then when I turn the key off it blinks fast agen before the reset when I put it in (R) it bogs or what ever that's when it blinks fast but after the reset an it blinks slow I go in (R) an it does not bog

Old 11-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the codes but I can't ell which code it is cos it does not stop pause or stop blinking wish I can show a video to show y'all ... I can make one tomarrow an maybe I can send it in a email ...

Old 11-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You said you replaced angle sensor!!! make sure you pre;oad correct.wind angle sensor counterclock wise half of round before tighting up mount bolts, than you may have to re-initialize. does it only bogs in reverse?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes its new an I did lode it counter clockwise yes it bogs in (R) before the reset but after the reset it don't but when I turn the key off it goes back the the same thing before the reset before the reset it flashes fast on the display but after it flashes slow it does not stop or pause so I can't tell which code it is ..

Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

You know how you do the reset an the motor initializes three times so u know it worked well mine don't do that I don't know why I looked up the video on YouTube an its a Honda video with the same ATV I have an its a Honda man doing the video I did everything he did in the video except checking the oil presser that's the only thing I haven't checked yet coa I don't have a gage or adapter to test it I loaded the angle sensor I check the controls motor where it goes in the tranny they say the tranny could be stuck do to a falty angle sensor I can keep turning g it clock wise but counter clockwise it goes so far an stops so I don't think k its stuck I checked the oil its full the battery is fully charged I really need to get it fixed asap for my dad to go hunting this year

Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

so i figered out the code problom an got the right code now its a new problom lol