Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

September 12 We find out Honda's sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if Honda has a 450EX or 650EX on the way we will know September 12 thats the dealer show...my dealer told me to call him the 14(when he gets home) and find out what they have and get on a waiting list. if honda has either of these i am being the first on the list...if they dont come out with one i will get a Z400 or a KFX400

Old 08-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Watch, they'll probly drop the TRX90 and update it or something and call it their "new sport quad" .

Old 08-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

I think they are going to do the same thing they did with the Rincon. Show pictures but not release it until next Spring/Summer as a 2004 model. That way people think twice before they buy a different brand.

Knowing Honda it will be an updated 400EX, kind of like how they upgraded the 250X to 300EX, just more CCs to get a little more horsies.

But I am hoping for a new Honda so I don't have to hear all these die-hard Honda guys complain about not having the best quad anymore!!

Old 08-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Expect the crf 450 engine reworked and an aluminum frame.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

scohso wrote,

<< Expect the crf 450 engine reworked and an aluminum frame >>

&amp; if you believe that I got some swampland for sale!!! LMAO!!
IMO Honda is way too chicken **** to put the CRF450R in a quad.
Besides the fact it's a full race engine &amp; is very high strung &amp; would require a lot of matinence honda is too afraid of lawsuits to put such a hot motor in a quad.
*sigh* I do wish you were right but it ain't gonna happen!

If we're lucky it'll be the EX650. It'll be detuned but like the Raptor it has a lot of potintal.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

<< Expect the crf 450 engine reworked and an aluminum frame. >>

you wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i highly doubt it.

i see you have a '85 XR250, the same year as mine. mine was in storage for 7 years, it's on it second set of sprokets. (original just wore out!!) the front tire is still stock, and the rear is only the second. i wish i had a digital camera, or a scanner so i could show you it. do you have any pics of yours on the net????

Old 08-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

This is what keeps the suspense in the ATV world &quot;what quad are they gonna make next&quot; same thing as always.

Remember, honda generally uses well proven motors and tranny's. They just tweak here and there, thicken up clutch plates, so on and so forth. I wouldnt be suprised if you seen an xr650 motor put in there and detuned. You never know though. I dont think its going to be a suped up xr400 motor or anything. They are squeezing enough out of the 400EX now for a factory bike. If you see a 650EXR, I wont be suprised. Something relative to the 400 frame, an inch here inch there longer, plastic looking more like the raptor and z400.

Do not expect the crf400 to be in there. Wont happen, too high maintanence for their line of quads.

All in all your gonna have a long *** wait, I wouldnt doubt until next april or may, so what.

Old 08-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Ahh, the annual &quot;New Sport Quad Coming from Honda&quot; thread.... I'm all tingling with excitement and anticipation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I think Moose and some others on here know the deal. If Honda did happen to release a new sport quad it would not exactly be what you would call &quot;high performance&quot;. We'll see. I'll say this though, sooner or later that Honda brand loyalty is going to start wearing off and more and more people are going to realize that there are MUCH better sport machines out there and migrate away from Honda if they don't come out with something significant.

Old 08-21-2002, 10:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes, I remember the last big announcement....hand wrinhing went on for months around here for the final word......250ex!!! WHat a let-down. Most likely, I think we will see a 400ex will get a small power boost and maybe some new exciting graphics. Less likely is a 600 or 650cc version of a larger and heavier sport offering. Even less likely (almost non-existant) is the 450cc engine in a very detuned form in basically a 400ex chassis that is lengthened and widened 1 inch. Let the hand wringing and pacing begin!!!

Old 08-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Here we go again. Moderators please shut this thread down. Now all the freaks will start coming out of the woodwork claiming that there best friend's roommate's girlfriend know a guy who works with another guy how brother knows a friend of a dealer that says that the new 450 quad is coming.

Come on, let's drop this wishfull thinking. If you want a race machine you build one or buy a Dale.

Quick Reply: September 12 We find out Honda's sport quad