Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

any questions about honda cr-125,250,500,crf-450

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anybody has any questions about honda cr-125,250,500,crf-450 then we as a team of honda and yamaha will help your need

thanks honda yamaha of statesville north carolina

P.S-yes honda is comeing out with a new sport quad
we have not recalled any ideas what the plant
is figuring out but its prob going to be a
xr-650 motor on new 650ex plastic
design and alum fram

Old 08-24-2002, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

I'm thinking of selling one of my quads, and getting a CR. The thing I wonder, is I raced MX for 2 yrs on a YZ80, and it had that ripping sudden hit power-band. Do the 125, and 250 have that, or is it just great response through out the RPM?? I think you know what I mean. How are the reliability? like how often would it need a piston/ rings?

Old 08-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey mojave300ex your questions are simple the cr two strokes sends out the most powerplant you can get out of a dirtbike and unbeliveble torque the piston and piston rings are just like any other bikes they last a good while, but dont get a wiseco piston they through piston rings out ever month, but wiesco is a high performence piston and piston rings only cost a few bucks but when you haft to change the ring you haft to by new new top end gaskets, get a cr80 you sound like you raced yz80 get the same size as the yz but a cr time get more speed,,,,go for stock piston,pro-x pistons they work out the best in honda cr dirtbikes

thanks honda-yamaha stateville north carolina

Old 08-24-2002, 08:58 PM
The Facility

LMAO!!!

cr125rman,
Are you the janitor or something at that dealership??

The RM85 has more power than any of the other 85s by a long shot. The CR model has the lowest. In fact, it also happens to be the only one left that still doesn't run a power valve.

You do not have to get a topend gasket set to replace the rings. Just a base gasket. That's all. Why are you removing the head??????

Old 08-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Will somboby please answer the questions I'm asking.

OK you honda "Expert" don't know anything, not even how to answer a question. If you don't know about them why did you start the topic???

I want the "best reliable" dirtbike out there 125, or 250cc, not shure yet 2 or 4 stroke. I'm 5'9, and 135lbs, I am experienced and can handle both.
If I were to go 4 stroke how is the YZ250F? And my main question is on my 95 YZ80 it had a powerband that suddenly kicked in while riding do you know what I mean? many call it "the powerband surprise" do the 125 or 250cc bikes have the Powerband thing I'm talking about. I don't want a bike that has it cuz you have to rev the he11 out of them to get power, and that results in breaking stuff.

Old 08-24-2002, 11:49 PM
The Facility

mojave300ex,

Sorry dude. I was having too much fun with the crman about the CR80 being a powerhouse in that class that i forgot about your question.

BTW....I'm not an expert either. I just KNOWALOT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The "powerband surprise" as you call it is on all two stroke MX bikes. Some hit a little harder than others, but riding style alone also plays a big part in this. If you plan on adding a pipe and silencer, which almost everyone does, it isn't going to matter what powerband you have stock, because it will be altered after putting on the pipe. Just get the pipe that fits your needs. Most companies offer at least two different pipes to allow you choose a smooth powerband or a hard hitting one.

My personal favorite 125 class bike is the YZ250F you mentioned. I can ride one of them faster than I can a 125 two stroke because the power comes on smooth and doesn't ****** your arms out of socket when you twist. It may not appeal to everyone, but I like it and would suggest that anyone who hasn't rode one take one for a spin if possible.

One other note. The new CRF250R will be un-veiled at the dealer meeting in 3 weeks. If you are a Honda fan, you might want to wait a bit and see how the CRF250R does against the YZ250F. [Why did you not mention that cr man??]

As far as reliabilty goes, none is better than the other. I have customers who will break anything regardless of the color. I have saw just as many CRs in the shop as I have saw YZs, RMs, KXs, KTMs, etc, etc.

Since you used to race, try going to the track on a practice day and see about riding some of your buddies bikes to get a feel of how each performs regarding the "powerband surprise". Be careful on someone else's ride and don't get carried away. Also be sure that you can afford to fix anything that you might break on your buddies bike. Be careful.

When you get a new ride holler back and let us know what you ended up with.

Later,
Patrick

Old 08-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

knowsalot since you know just about everything i need your help. I am selling my 01 cr 125. It was a leftover bought in jan 02. It has renthal handlebars, sprocket, and chain. It also has an intermediate tire along with the stock. What do you think would be a good selling price right now i am asking $3150 i thought it was the right ball park what do you think? thanks

Old 08-25-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

crman cracks me up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

<< The RM85 has more power than any of the other 85s by a long shot. The CR model has the lowest. In fact, it also happens to be the only one left that still doesn't run a power valve. >>

the RM 85 is the same as the KX85, i thought. the CR for '03 is a 85 also, and it is a nice bike if i do say so myself.

once again crman, you crack me up (so does knowsalot's comments, sorry but you deserve them crman!!)

Old 08-25-2002, 01:49 AM
The Facility

CrazySpeed8,

We sell 125 class used dirtbikes in and around that year model from $2500 to $3500 depending on how clean it is and what mods have been done. I would say that your asking price is right on target.

We don't use book value on ATV or dirtbikes when it comes to selling or buying. That system works in the street bike world and with cars, but there are way too many other things that come into play on an offroad machine. The book system is just there to help financing institutions in aiding a person to purchase one. [Not a publicized statement, but one that is used by nearly all dealers.]

RINCON,
The 85 dirtbikes between Kawasaki and Suzuki are each their own. They are different bikes.

I believe you were talking about the 65 maybe?? They are the same.

Yeah, the crman has left the building it seems....LOL

Old 08-25-2002, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

yes you're right, i knew that, it was the 65, and the 60. i belive the RM and KX 100's are the same, are they?

Quick Reply: any questions about honda cr-125,250,500,crf-450