Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Actually what you could have heard, as i hear frequently out here in the country is a panther. We have cougars as well as bobcats an mountain lions, but none of them scream quite like a panther does.

My story now. As i was taking some trails around a well known lake, i was so far deep into them i thought id run out of gas, i ran across a bundle of papers wrapped in a plastic cover. As i pull closer an pick em up, they turn out to be a bunch of foreign nudi mags, brand spanking new (no pun intended). So i dutifully put em in the center console to umm take a closer look at later on. I continue on, and take a curve around a hill, and i see something stuck on a lowlevel branch of a tree to my left. I manuver closer to take a better look when i realize its a pair of small boys underwear, at that point im starting to get a sick feeling. I drive on about 200-300 feet taking some good mud, and then i see the "piece de resistance", an open jar of vaseline. As i try to choke back the vomit, im simultaneosly looking the doors putting the windows up, switching to 4high an high-tailing it the hell outta there. Now ive taken trails there for a couple years an hadn't seen anything like this in my life, so i start asking about the lake and trails. The responces were disgusting. I had no clue that it was a homosexual hang-out used during the night. Well that was my last trip out there to take trails or fish. However i did recommend the trails AT NIGHT to a bunch of city punks wanting to party in there little sports cars, they loaded up into a friends AWD subaru an went on down there. Come to think of it i haven't seen any of em since...hmm.

Kamots

Old 07-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kamots, please tell me that WAS NOT in eastern Oklahoma....lol....oh please tell me it was in either central or western Oklahoma!

Old 07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was hunting deer around Carlsbad New Mexico with somebodies of mine. There was one stupid guy of bunch--you never knew what he would do next. This would top one of the best ones... We had been hunting all day and was running a flush in early afternoon. I had the priveldge of going high and got see all the action. A yearling was walking through the high brush. My crazy buddy saw this and put down his rifle and tackled the yearling. He caught it by surprise but that is not the funny part. It was what the yearling ending up doing to the guy. It kicked the crap out of him and still proceed to kick him when he curled into a ball. This guy must have been sore for 2 weeks. Never took him hunting again. YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!

Old 07-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

It was Lake Stanley Draper to be exact.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

well this isn't weird but it scared the crap out of me, I was about 12 years old the first year I had my hunting licence and I was sitting in my watch (it was into a hill between 2 rocks and a piece of plywood with branches and crap on top of it and it started to rain so I was sitting there and I can hear somthing walking behind me then I can hear is running then smash a doe ran over the roof of my watch landed right beside me and kept running down the hill holy crap that was scary and the strngest thing I've ever seen was a doe (about 3-4 years old not young) came over and sat beside me when I was eating lunch I was sitting on a old tree that fell having soup and a sandwich and it came down so i sat still and it took a pee about 10-12 feet away from me and went up about 15 feet to the other direction and sat under a tree never even noticing me

Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

I have had a few very curious things happen while in the woods over the years but some of the sreangest stories (never happened to me) involve sasquatch. Take a look at his report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=8547

also browse the site.:

http://www.bfro.net/

some pretty wierd stuff but so many sane people have had experiences you got to believe that where there is smoke there might be fire ......

by looking at the interactive map there are quite a few sightings from your part of the world and many of them involve curious vocalizations.....

Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

Here are two things from this past deer season. One night at our cabin, one of the guys started having nightmares. He SWEARS that bigfoot was outside banging a club on a tree to call other bigfoots to the area. (seeing the other post about bigfoots reminded me of this) We all tried to laugh it off and give him an out but he still swears that what he heard.

A second thing that happend was we were trailing a deer a buddy shot with his bow. One guy always has his golden retriever with him. Dog got too close to almost dead deer and took an antler to the side. A trip to the VET-ER and the dog lived barely! Seperated ribs three puncture wounds. If he had waited any longer to take it to the vet, the dog would be in the happy hunting ground in the sky! The deer was a nice 9 pointer if anyone wanted to keep score!

Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Slash0311
One guy always has his golden retriever with him. Dog got too close to almost dead deer and took an antler to the side. A trip to the VET-ER and the dog lived barely! Seperated ribs three puncture wounds. If he had waited any longer to take it to the vet, the dog would be in the happy hunting ground in the sky! The deer was a nice 9 pointer if anyone wanted to keep score!
Hmmmm, I don't know of any State where it is legal to use dogs while hunting deer....
Where I live thats called poaching.......................

Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

I was hunting squirrel (East Texas rat....good eating)....in Sam Rayburn country early one morning. I was on the ground all camo'd up and half covered with leaves overlooking a pen-oak flat waiting for first light when I heard what sounded like my hunting partner coming up the hill. I could'nt see what was coming up the other side of the hill because of where I was positioned and the darkness so I just waited and listened as the steps got closer. I started calling out my buddy's name ...no response....I called out again....nothing. By this time I getting scared .....thinking it might be a wild boar or something. Well, it was'nt a boar ...but it was a pretty big buck. He came right over the top of the hill and got within 3 feet of me. It was rutting season and I knew if I started moving he'd probably kick my...............so I fired my shotgun in the ground. He jumped up about 12 feet high and then all I saw was a blurred white tail dissappearing in the darkness. Ruined a perfectly good squirrel hunt!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Tangier
I have had a few very curious things happen while in the woods over the years but some of the sreangest stories (never happened to me) involve sasquatch. Take a look at his report:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=8547[quote]

Now answer me this, why in the world did he not shoot the thing? That could have proved bigfoot's existence right there if he was being honest about the whole situation.

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......