Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

atv ride in mn 200 or so miles one way. wana go with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv ride in mn 200 or so miles one way. wana go with?

im looking for an atv buddy for a trip i plan to take in mayish. it will start in moose lake mn and go aprox 200 miles to cass lake on a old railroad. id prefer to go with least one person so if somethin happens there will be help. but whoever wants to go can. plus i dont feel like walking a few hundred miles back to my truck if somthing breaks. let me know. date not set yet.

thanks

Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Range Rover
Default atv ride in mn 200 or so miles one way. wana go with?

too bad your so far away from me, I would love to go! sounds fun, good luck on your trip.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

Ok, have you been on the SooLine before? Holy crap is it boring.... I think if you found a couple other trails you might have a little bit more fun?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Definitely avoid Soo Line. Its just hundreds of miles of huge moguls. And its straight as an arrow and has virtually no hills. Nice scenery, but its hard to enjoy when you're so miserable riding!

If you're looking for lots of fun trails, try Nemadji and St. Croix State Forest. Great trail system! I've also heard the Spider Lake area is really nice.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

well i want a nice easy trail ride. iv been wanting to go on it for the past 5 or so yrs. just now i have time to since i was let go from my job. sorta a vacation for me now. i plan to go on other rides. i just dont know where yet. it be nice to have friends with a few hundred acres of woods, gravel pits and so on. but i dont know of anyone. so im pretty much stuck to public trails. and im shure evon the public gravel pits and what not arent that fun sinc e you cant do this, or that, or have fun...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Soo Line will definitely be easy.

And you couldn't really be more wrong when it comes to MN's public trail systems. We have a lot of really great trails. And if you don't think you can find a fun gravel pit, go check out Tri-County ATV park in Faribault. That place is a blast and you can do WHATEVER you want. I've been to the Soo Pits as well up by Moose Lake, and they're pretty fun too.

I don't know what makes you think there are so many rules at the pits. Honestly, there really aren't any.

In case you haven't been here, here is the map of all the trails in MN. Click on one of them for a map and trail conditions etc.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/map.html

I've been to quite a few of them and almost all of them are fun. Of the ones I've been on:

1. Iron Range: best place in the world for a 4x4
2. Nemadji: best pure trail system
3. St. Croix: Most scenic trails
4. Pine Center: Fun to go fast on
5. Tri-County: Plain old, do whatever you want, fun

There are still lots of trails that I haven't had a chance to get to yet and I'm looking forward to getting to a few more this summer.

THEN if you somehow manage to get bored of all our trail systems, Wisconsin has a decent selection of trails too.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm from Duluth, MN. I haven't done a lot of riding on public trails, but have ridden at both the Iron Range OHV/ATV park in Gilbert, MN and the Nemadji Forest. I agree with ATV29 that both of these locations are fun places to ride (just don't sink your wheeler in the giant mudholes up at Gilbert like my buddy did, lol).

I have also ridden the Tri-County Corridor which runs along an old railbed between Superior, WI and Ashland, WI. While it is certainly smooth and easy riding, it does get dull pretty fast. I've never been on the Soo Line trail, but if it's anything like the Tri-County Corridor, you may find it boring. On the other hand, it may be exactly the sort of ride you are looking for.

Once it warms up/dries out, let me know if you want to try and put together a riding expedition somewhere.