Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike 250cc utility update

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike 250cc utility update

Well I havent posted in a while thought I would do an update on the Vbike. I had it for sometime now and got it broke in pretty good. Still it rides good. Had to tighten the top of the front struts as they rattled , took a while to find out how to do it but ended up taking the front body panel off to get to them. Put a winch on it with no problem. Had it out on another Arkansas BLM Forestry trail and really gave it a work out . Some inclines only two tire tracks wide and about an 75 % grade for a good little pull to the top of a mountain. Still dont use any gas maybe a gallon on a all day ride. Never fails to start with no choking and runs purrrrrrfeeeeeeeeecccccccccccttttttttttttttt. I do have a little trouble with the sifting from the down first to the up four like a cycle shifts. seems it dont want to shift from 1st to 2nd sometimes without missing a beat. Then its hard to find neutral . I dont think it will do the 55 as claimed I have had it up to what a gps unit mounted on the gas tank said was 27 mph and it was screaming I dont think I want to run it wide open much to high an engine rev. When turnig hard to the left the engine tends to rev up some then dies down when it straightens out . Ii gets a little squirelly on gravel if going fast and hit some rough bumps or on the trail and going a little faster than should be. But , all in all its a great ride for the money.
I have some pics of one trail on the profile page but didnt take any this last time out as it was rainy and foggy all day , maybe next time

Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the update.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

lessumm how did u mount the winch to it i have the same atv and was wondering if i could even put one on it

Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kansasatv

lessumm how did u mount the winch to it i have the same atv and was wondering if i could even put one on it</end quote></div>

I have a winch mounted to my Marshin, which is the same frame design. Look at my Marshin tread (listed below) on page 6. I attached my mount to the main frame of the ATV. A little involved but very strong.

My Marshin came with a speedometer. I have had it over 40 mph, but have not maxed it out yet. The Marshin has a 5 speed.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kansasatv

lessumm how did u mount the winch to it i have the same atv and was wondering if i could even put one on it</end quote></div>

It might not show yet I uploaded a pic of the finished deal in my page.
I went to a local fabricating shop and got a slab of 5/16 steel plate, 7x13 inches and under the top two (2) tubes that go from the bumper to the vertical tubes holding the steering . Then under those tubes used 4 bolts and drilled holes in the tubes running to the vertical tubes 2 on each side and bolted the plate under the tubes and tite agains the bumper tubes for support. Then used the plate that came with the winch which the fairlead bolted to and the winch (it has a diamond shaped bolt pattern in the middle of the plate) and bolted the winch to the plate upside down and ran the wirinng and mounted the remote button on the cargo rack . Then I had to lower the bottom "brush guard" about a half an inch to clear the fairlead out the front and under the top body assembly.
The finished product looks pretty neat and professional. I tried it already using the winch to load the Vbike in the back of the P.U. up a ramp with the brakes on . The tires slid but the winch held. So I think I am ready to get stuck.
BTW the winch is a Champion 2,000 lb . winch I think thats right or either a 2500 lb winch , cant remember. I was in K.C. Mo. and ran into a Tractor Supply Co. store , which is a farm store, the price tag was 99.99. but when the gal rang it up it was like 59.99 on sale .

Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

maybe we dont have the same atv mine is the same as the sport utility but it gave me a good idea for how to mount a winch so thanks for the help