Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SunL 110cc Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I hope it's doable. I have talked to another gentlemen, but he said that the wire harness he has will not take the remote kill, starter, and alarm so I have kind of backed up off of that and then I found this lady. I still haven't heard from here. My stator arrived today so I'm going to go ahead and put that in it.

I want to make sure the engine will start up...besides the gas tank, carburetor, and engine itself, what else will I need to test to make sure the engine still starts? Thanks.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You'll need the heavy gauge battery cables from the battery plus terminal to the starter solenoid screw post, the cable from the other solenoid screw post to the starter motor, and the battery minus terminal to the engine frame near the starter motor. You don't need the the two small actuating wires to the starter solenoid yet - instead you can just short the solenoid screw posts together with the shank of a screw driver. That hooks the battery straight to the starter motor (without using the solenoid internal bits) and makes the starter turn the engine.

To get spark you need the AC ignition power wire and the trigger wires from the stator to the CDI, and the ground wire return too of course. You'll also need the CDI output pin wired to the coil primary. The other side of the coil primary needs to be grounded. Sometimes this is done just by bolting the coil to the frame, and sometimes there is a ground wire coming out of the coil which loops down an bolts to the frame. The high tension wire from the ignition coil needs to be hooked up to the spark plug.

Leave the kill switch connection to the CDI disconnected. That leaves the ignition in the "run" state.

To kill the engine should it start, disconnect the trigger wire from the stator to the CDI at the stator connector. Be careful when playing with wires in the ignition system with the engine running. There is moderately high voltage on many of them (one hundred to several hundred volts). The trigger wire has low voltage on it so that is the preferred method to kill the engine manually. But just in case you grab the wrong one treat even this wire like it has high voltage on it to be doubly safe. Grab only the insulated connector housing. Don't touch any bare wires or connecting pins when pulling them apart.

Jump the solenoid with a screwdriver shank and see if you have spark. If so then put the plug in and see if it starts.

Once the quad runs then work on the starter solenoid actuating circuitry, the kill switch circuitry, the battery charging circuitry, and finally the ancillary stuff such as headlights, adding remote modules, etc.