Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sportsman 570 vx arctic cat 700

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportsman 570 vx arctic cat 700

Was wondering what you knowledgeable folks would pick if you were made to choose from each of those two machines for the same price?

I'll add a 3rd option, again, for the same price, an Arctic Cat 500.

I know remarkably little about ATVs and I'm buying my first. Its use will be mostly for hauling firewood loads, (a few hundred pounds each) through the bush, and for other chores around the home/small farm.

Just curious what informed people think. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:56 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

At the same price, I would take the Arctic Cat because the 700 M.S.R.P. is $8,999.00
and the 570's M.S.R.P is only $6,499.00.
The AC 700 is just a more expensive ATV.

I would take the 570 over a AC 500 however. The 570 is rated at 45hp while the AC 500 is maybe 32hp. and their M.S.R.P is almost the same unlike the AC 700.

I know remarkably little about ATVs and I'm buying my first. Its use will be mostly for hauling firewood loads, (a few hundred pounds each) through the bush, and for other chores around the home/small farm.
My 350 Grizzly can do that or any Utility ATV for that matter. You can't lose no matter what you chose.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the 570 have power steering?

Old 11-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Take the cat. The 570 has been a nightmare for polaris. The 550/700 Cat is an excellent choice.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

go wit a Polaris 850...!!!

Old 12-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
Take the cat. The 570 has been a nightmare for polaris. The 550/700 Cat is an excellent choice.
No it hasn't. Please elaborate.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DogRunner2
No it hasn't. Please elaborate.
Oh yes it has, and typical polaris to ignore it. Over heating, melting plastics, warped seat pans, now head gaskets.

More low quality throw away garbage from them, only the blind ignore and deny it..,

Old 12-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What was the first year production for the 570?

My local dealer's head mechanic (who says it as it is) has had no problems to date with the 570 Polaris. I read the same stuff online as you have mentioning a hot seat but no one around here is complaining.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know anyone with a 570 but I've seen a few people come on here already with melting seats and over heating issues. Seems like the guys on the polaris forums are well aware of what's going on. Seems to be both the atvs and utvs with the overheating issues.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Same thing at the shop as a couple have come in. Here's one list from Safer Products.Gov on several customer complaints on the atv and Razr.SaferProducts.gov | Search Result
Plus supposedly the "fix" the guys are waiting on.

"Comment from Polaris Industries Inc. 10/1/2014
Polaris has been in contact with the consumer regarding this issue and has asked the consumer to contact his dealership so that the vehicle could be properly inspected and repaired if necessary. The consumer has indicated they have a physical disability (paraplegic) that does not allow normal awarness or feeling when exposed to elevated temperatures.

Polaris' owner’s manual for Owner's Manual for Maintenance and Safety warns that no one with cognitive or physical disabilities should operate this vehicle. Polaris recommends that the consumer pursues the appropriate safety considerations for his unique circumstances.

Polaris has received reports of some Sportsman 570’s experiencing localized deformation, and in some instances, melting of the right side lower seat base supports. Polaris’ review of the issue has found that some vehicles being used in extreme operating conditions (i.e. high ambient temperatures and under high loads) may be more susceptible to the issue.

Although only a small percentage of the vehicles in service have been affected, Polaris has developed a seat retention kit to address these concerns on those vehicles affected by this issue and one of these kits has been installed on this vehicle.

Polaris’ records indicate that the consumer has been in contact with his dealer and that steps are being taken to attempt to address the consumer’s complaint.

Polaris believes this is a customer satisfaction issue and is not an issue that reasonably supports a conclusion that the product contains a defect which could create a substantial product hazard, or creates an unreasonable risk of death or serious injury."

Quick Reply: sportsman 570 vx arctic cat 700