Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bearings, how do they look

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

although i bought new oem bearings i may try and do that... Better is always... better.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

"Remember Polaris does not make bearings"
I was real disappointed when I ordered bearings from Polaris and they said made in China.
"I just bring the old bearings in to a bearing supply shop and they measure them and sell you top name brand bearings"
That usually is the best route but sometimes the factory bearing is cheaper. There is a $25 Honda bearing that at bearing shops would run $60. Go figure..

Old 12-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Chinese bearings aren't the worst. Was surprised years ago when I tore apart transmissions and found Russian made bearings were mixed in with Japanese and Chinese. These were the worst to fail.Plus remembered this old post from years ago when another member found out that we're a "Global Community" now . https://atvconnection.com/forums/pol...ml#post2649677

Old 07-23-2016, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was searching for these bearings and this thread came up.
There's an alternative to buying new bearings as long as your old ones haven't ingested water.
I haven't purchased one yet but seems pretty slick to re-grease your bearings.
What do you guys think?
I think the only problem would be is mixing grease that's already in the bearing with something compatible.
About $65 for the tool
Two Guys Hobby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDZY...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

It's not just Polaris, I went to the Arctic Cat dealer for replacement bearings: Made in China. No way , Jose. Found some Koyo Japanese ones on eBay. I believe these were the original ones. My AC 500 has over 7,000 miles, never replaced. Honestly, I would search for Timkens, made in USA. Made in China is a good bet that you'll need to replace soon.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Budman650
What do you guys think?
I think the only problem would be is mixing grease that's already in the bearing with something compatible.
About $65 for the tool
Just a tool to keep you from getting a little grease on your hands. You can pack them yourself. Most of these split race bearings will slip apart when you pull the hubs off. When this happens I always just shot in some good moly/lithium based chassis/bearing grease that we bought from Texas Refinery Corporation by the 6 gallon pail for my air grease gun and slipped the races back in.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Just a tool to keep you from getting a little grease on your hands. You can pack them yourself. Most of these split race bearings will slip apart when you pull the hubs off. When this happens I always just shot in some good moly/lithium based chassis/bearing grease that we bought from Texas Refinery Corporation by the 6 gallon pail for my air grease gun and slipped the races back in.
They look solid on the outer part of the bearing but look like a groove is in the middle on the inside.
Is that where it would split apart?
https://www.thebigbearingstore.com/d...ng-44x72x33-1/
Some of the guys are putting 20 pumps of grease in until it blows out the seal and some are pushing water out.
I would think the bearing won't last long if there was already water inside.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Even new out of the package I've had races come apart. Easy to just pull on them in most cases and separate. If they look like this one,then it's time for a new bearing.

Attached Thumbnails Bearings, how do they look-2012-06-08_23-02-09_682.jpg  
Old 07-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ah, I see now.
Mine all seem fine and spin nice at 2800 miles
Some of these guys run through water and mud and say they only get about 600 miles out of a bearing.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

My two cents is the seals on the bearings are crap no matter which brand you can get. They don't snug up against the races tight enough to keep water and dirt out. Several guys on the Rzr forum have done the same thing on pulling races out and greasing them occasionally.Starting at post 13. Wheel bearings - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Quick Reply: Bearings, how do they look