Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Alternate Fluid Choices for '16 Sportsman 570

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternate Fluid Choices for '16 Sportsman 570

Ok, I know there are several experts on here and I want to ask about alternate fluid options for a '16 sportsman 570. I just did my first fluid change, at 23hrs and I used only Polaris fluids: PS-4 Oil, Demand Drive for front diff and AGL for transmission and they were costly. I don't want to sound cheap and I know you get what you pay for, but there are several cases that other fluids than manufacturer items are sometimes better. Could this be the case for my 570? If so, is there a list someone has generated to know what item is a perfect swap? Thanks.

JD

Old 05-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think there's an alternate fluid for the Demand Drive Plus. There are lots of good oils. Just get a full synthetic that's close to the same weight.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Stay with Demand Drive Plus fluid for the awd system and AGL for the gear case if you can.Both are proven products over the years. There are other good gear case oils out there suitable for chain driven gear cases such as Amsoil if you wish you stray from the AGL.Not sure how much difference in price you'd be looking at. Engine oils,plus plenty of oil filters that can be cross referenced to the oem filters are out there. Can be your choice since there's no wet clutch to worry about if using oil with friction modifiers.

Attached Thumbnails Alternate Fluid Choices for '16 Sportsman 570-tcc.jpg  
Old 05-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Demand drive or Amsoil front diff fluid. You will get 3 changes from the 1L bottle. I run AGL in the trans/rear diff. I change that annually.

I run T6 5W40 in the engine.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only POPO fluid in the front diff. If you check around it isn't really much cheaper to use other fluids since it's all synthetic anyway. If you add the one-way valves to your diff and tranny vent lines and/or extend them up in to the headlight pod you won't have to change fluids that often. Did this on my RZR and after a year of abuse the tranny and rear diff fluid still looked new as the day I changed it. Motor oil and front diff will always need proper changing but it goes a long way being synthetic. Also want to use oem fluids if it's under warranty and keep receipts so you won't have any problems if there's a an issue with the machine.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone for the advice. I figured I would ask and see what was out there and what other folks were doing. Sounds like OEM for me, definitely with the extended warranty we purchased. Take care and have a great weekend.

JD

Old 03-23-2020, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by switzomatic
Only POPO fluid in the front diff. If you check around it isn't really much cheaper to use other fluids since it's all synthetic anyway. If you add the one-way valves to your diff and tranny vent lines and/or extend them up in to the headlight pod you won't have to change fluids that often. Did this on my RZR and after a year of abuse the tranny and rear diff fluid still looked new as the day I changed it. Motor oil and front diff will always need proper changing but it goes a long way being synthetic. Also want to use oem fluids if it's under warranty and keep receipts so you won't have any problems if there's a an issue with the machine.
Sounds like a great idea to add those check valves. Is there anywhere out there that shows how to do that? I'm hoping a YouTube video. If you add the check valves, how often do you recommend changing the fluids? Thanks!