Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Announces its 2017 Line

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Polaris Announces its 2017 Line

Polaris is announcing 11 new models, including the Polaris RANGER XP 1000, General Four Seat, ACE 900 XC, RZR 570 S, and more, several product enhancements, and a new, ground-breaking technology that expands the off-road riding experience like never before:

2017 Polaris ATV & SxS Models Announced - ATVConnection.com

Old 07-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see the Ace 900 got more power, the Ranger gets a 1000cc engine as well. Apparently the little 330cc in the base model ace got replaced by a new 500cc efi engine that also is going into the new 450HO and the new Ranger 500 as well. Its funny that Polaris already had a 500 efi engine, discontinued it and now has brought one back. And that the old one had more power. Curious to say the least but perhaps this new 500 efi is a little more refined and fuel efficient compared to the old one. Maybe this new 500 is also less expensive to produce as well, creating a whole new line of affordable value machines to bring the sport to more people who otherwise couldn't afford to buy a new machine. While you're at it, might as well build a Scrambler 500 efi and an entry level Rzr 500 50" trail model with this engine. Both of those would sell like hotcakes if priced as low as I think they could be.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Off Road Builderaholic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris is still hitting the mark IMO
As a stockholder this is good to see

I love the general 4 seater

I own a 2014 Ace 325, it has become the most useful machine and one of my favorites that little single cylinder sucker impresses the heck out of me. The Ace 900 would be the ULTIMATE!! I cant wait to sell mine and get a 900

Old 07-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The 900 is so much more expensive than the 570 though. I can guess most people are buying the 570 as it is pretty powerful but doesn't cost $12,000. Its in the $7000 range for the base model. The new 500cc Ace would probably be a step up from the 325cc model. It has about the same hp and probably the same top speed but the extra displacement should definitely make it quicker. You can buy 2 of those for the price of one 900.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Off Road Builderaholic

I agree 100%
However I use my Ace for turning snow tracks in the winter and for plowing (we live at 9000')
So the 570 single cylinder still falls short of what I want this thing for.

I picked up the 2014 325 pre order, had to have it when Polaris sent me an email. I hate buying new machines but we wanted one for our crew and try to pick our purchases very carefully (intended to be forever machines)
I have since fallen in love with its versatility around here, on snow tracks it is insane even with the 325!! It hauled me and 3 other guys 7 miles up a snowy trail to 12,500#, during a blizzard in order to retrieve our stuck Xp1000's (on tracks) from the day before. The Ace is a hero around here, it plows the whole neighborhood and brings firewood to the house during the worst of conditions, It never asks any questions the thing just runs.
Original use of this machine was going to be for the kids....HAHAHAHAHA It has become the favorite, I just wish they would ditch the 3 point strut front suspension, we want dual A arms!!

Old 07-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I remember when the Ace first came out as the 325cc model. It was so overpriced but not long after the price came down. I still think its a bit of a niche machine. I've never owned anything other than an atv. I have thought about getting a side by side though. The Ace kinda falls in the middle. Bigger and heavier than an atv but with only room to carry one person. That's the only disadvantage I see to the machine. Extra weight but no extra passenger carrying capacity and more expensive than an atv of the same displacement.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Off Road Builderaholic

We have rzr's way over 50" wide. This limits where they can go, we are severely limited here in CO because they are not allowed on all Jeep roads/trails and only on over 50" atv trails
So the Ace is nice because its under 50"
The Ace is based on Polaris 570 sportsman 2 up
The ace has a better COG (lower) then an Atv so you do not get so tippy and uncomfortable off camber or sidehill. It is like a goat, It far surpassed my expectations with its 7" of wheel travel on where it will traverse even with 25" tires stock.
It has the ROPS cage, which gives you some protection in a flop or roll over
Its easy to learn on for kids/guest/wives since it has a wheel and pedals.
EXCELLENT machine for plowing, anyone in my household can operate and plow, it turns around on a dime compared to a rzr. For snow tracks def get the 570 or 900
I could always do a 900 conversion or a 570 conversion thats pretty much a bolt in.
I did not expect to see a Ace 900 released from PII but I am so glad they did! I need one bad hahaha
I always tell my wife I would trade my Xp1k and her xp4k for a trailer full of 6 aces, then everyone gets their own drivers seat, and that is saying alot since I LOVE my xp1k (we are not rich, I work very hard to afford these things and drive old crappy trucks)

Old 07-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ace 570 is about 150 pounds heavier than a Sportsman 570. I didn't know it was that much difference. That's almost like carrying a passenger. I don't think I'll ever buy an Ace anyway. I like being able to shift my weight when riding.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I see the appeal of the Ace for some but I guess its just not for me. I think a smaller one with the 170cc engine from the rzr 170 would be a great idea for the kids though. Even a 90 or 110cc model for younger kids. The rzr is offered as a 50" machine, as long as you keep stock wheels and stock size tires on it. I like the Wildcat Trail too. The XP models don't appeal to me as they are too wide to ride on atv trails. Not enough wide open areas around here to get much use out of them.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TrIed to get my 95 year old dad to look at the ACE. He rides his lawnmower up on a mountain every day. Won't change his ways, but having had a nightmare owning a Polaris, once, maybe it's better. Gave him a brochure on the Kymco 450 side by side, he actually read, so...

Quick Reply: Polaris Announces its 2017 Line