Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMc
no spark could be a coil.
No spark was coil, CDI box and bad ground. Now that I have it running, it hesitates and sputters above half throttle. I removed the bark to rebuild it. I'll also be installing the stock airbox but need to locate a tube for the airbox to carb as well as a filter element for inside. Went to change the front wheels, (from aftermarket steel to Douglas aluminum with Maxxis tires) and found that the wheels did not want to come off, they were super tight trying to slide them off the studs. When I did get them off (with a mallet) the Douglas wheels did not want to go on over the studs. I have the stock gold front wheels (with original dry rotted Dunlop tires), they went on, but were snug going over the studs. Gonna rebuild the wheel bearings, too. I have time to do that while I'm rebuilding the carb.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone have an idea about the big bore question I have?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know why 2 strokes can bored bigger than 4 strokes?

Old 01-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

Can someone please tell me what parts off of other quads will fit on a quadsport?

Old 02-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Charging problem

I have a 87 lt230s and I am having issues with the magneto. At idle it bearly keeps the low beam lit and with the engine reved up it pretty bright. But when I put a multimeter on the wiring for the lights I'm only seeing 6 volts even with the engine reved up. So I'm trying to find out if my magneto is bad and if there is a more powerful one I can put on the the quad to run some more lights because I do a lot of night riding. I would actually say that 90% of my riding is at night. Any advice would be nice

Old 03-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swingarm questions

i have a 87 lt230s but i wrecked it a few years back.. broke the axle carrier and bent the axle. someone around me is selling a 86 lt230s full swingarm.. i was wondering if i could just put the 86 swingarm on my 87.. anybody know?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swingarm questions

As far as I know, as long as it's complete, arm-carrier-axle, it will bolt directly on, only your carrier style will be different, axles interchange also. LT250r axles interchange also giving about +2 wider.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

sweet thank you! ill be sure to post my results here to let anybody else know!

Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do I downshift before going down a hill to make a sharp turn or can I downshift while going down the hill?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:06 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDogBrewing
No spark was coil, CDI box and bad ground. Now that I have it running, it hesitates and sputters above half throttle. I removed the bark to rebuild it. I'll also be installing the stock airbox but need to locate a tube for the airbox to carb as well as a filter element for inside. Went to change the front wheels, (from aftermarket steel to Douglas aluminum with Maxxis tires) and found that the wheels did not want to come off, they were super tight trying to slide them off the studs. When I did get them off (with a mallet) the Douglas wheels did not want to go on over the studs. I have the stock gold front wheels (with original dry rotted Dunlop tires), they went on, but were snug going over the studs. Gonna rebuild the wheel bearings, too. I have time to do that while I'm rebuilding the carb.
glad to see I haven't completely lost the touch with these things. When my son was born I all but mothballed my 230. He was digging around in my storage building and found it the other day and asked me to start it. Of course it didnt start (he's 7 now). I tore the carb down and cleaned it. Put it back on, not adjusted mind you, and the old girl fired up, first kick, with that slow lope I remember so well. The oil was changed before I tried this of course.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.