Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ Idle/Run probs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ Idle/Run probs.

I posted not to long ago about idling probs with my KQ. When I bought it, they had to turn up the idle screw so it would run, then after riding a bit its been idled maybe a little too high. Well I had to drop it off at the dealer now because it doesnt want to run at all, most the time. Or at idle at least. I can push the start button , it will start, and after running at low rpm for a couple seconds it will die. When riding, if you let of the gas after coming to a stop it will die. From time to time after styarting it and it runs for a few seconds at very low rpm, like it wants to die, it will all of a sudden idle up to regular idle, which like i said is slightly high from when the dealer idled it up when i picked it up. Since ived had it for the last 1.5 months it would idle down low after letting of gas, and after a few seconds would idle back up, when starting it would idle really low and after few seconds pick up. Now though it just dies, its a pain in the but. Any ideas or similar probs out there. I told the dealer not to turn the idle screw up and call it "fixed". I can definatly say thats not the prob, not the way it idels low and dies, and idles low and then suddenly idles up normal. Something going on with electronic choke / ecm i think.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

is it a fuely or carb

Old 05-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

With the fuel injection on the King you should not be having this problem. I have not read about anyone having the same problem with a new King. You might want to post this question on NYROC and see if any of the other guys over there have any ideas. There is at least on Suzuki mechanic on NYROC and he may have a few suggestions.
Thanks
David

Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

when the motor is below 150 degres it should idoil up then start to back the idol off . onthe harleys i work on we checked that and if it was cold when you set the idol it will be wrong it has to warm up . I havenot set one on the suzuki but they are simular in the operations. take it to another shop and have them set it .

Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well the KQ is TBI injected. Shouldnt be havin these probs with that set up. My carberated Vinson runs better than the KQ. Problem is its summer here so cool weather hasnt got much to do with it. It also does it no matter if its first started after sitting overnight, or if its started after being run all day and its hot. I know its not got anything to do with the idle screw on the TBI system, like i said it idles fine, actually a little high when it does idle, but latly it wont idle long, and then its at low rpm, before it dies. After givin it gas and letting off it doesnt even idle low before dieng , it just goes strait dead. If after hitting the start button it actually starts, it will idle very low for a few seconds or more, and then instantly idle up to normal. No slow gain in idle , but an instant one. Its got to be the something with the "electronic" choke / ECM set up. Guess ill find out soon from the dealer. Im gonna call them today, and make sure they arent just idling it up to get it to run, wrong answer. If the same problem happens , then when it does run it will be idled extremely high if they keep turning up the idle screw.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Ive been trying to get onto Nyroc site for a week now, can get through, anyone else havin probs?

Old 05-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Zex,
The NYROC site has not had any problems this week. Last night he was moving the site to a different server and has had problems since last night. NYROC is down today and may not be back up until Late Sunday or Monday. You can access the site and everything is working except you can't post. I have been getting PM's all day and you should be able to look around the site. Sorry for any problems you are having. If I can try to answer any questions, please let me know.
Thanks
David